SOS Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOS Brigade

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Sub to Sub proposal
Does this work I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:12 pm by MrDanGaming

» My youtube channel
Does this work I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:55 pm by MrDanGaming

» What Pokemon Type Duo do you think is best
Does this work I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:42 pm by NintendJoshz

» I need a little help...
Does this work I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:21 am by Philip2702

» One Pokemon
Does this work I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:29 am by Philip2702

» Whats Your Favorite Pokemon Game
Does this work I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:44 pm by Philip2702

» What is your favorite Gym Leader of all time?
Does this work I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:00 pm by NintendJoshz

» MO or Poke Cinema?
Does this work I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:02 am by crystalisk

» can anyone find me a Sonic Adventure 2 rom
Does this work I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm by Shawnroxxx99

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Does this work

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
super dude

Does this work Empty
PostSubject: Does this work   Does this work I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:13 am

Is it true that if your pokemon are lv 100 and u train them on pokemon that would give ev's to them and you go to a PC and deposit them they would gain the EV's. EG, I have a alakazam that i got to lv 100 and i trained it on spA by battling spindas if i were to go to a PC and deposit it and take it out would it have gained its ev's if it hasnt been ev trained.
P.S. If this works, then can u tell me on what games,Is it only D/P/PL
Back to top Go down
SpiritofSteel

SpiritofSteel

Characters
CLASS: CHUKLES
HP:
Does this work Left_bar_bleue69/69Does this work Empty_bar_bleue  (69/69)
Tribe: Steelie

Does this work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does this work   Does this work I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:22 pm

#1: Topic moved to pogyman gamez section.

#2: No. Pokemon can only be Ev trained when they're NOT in lv. 100.
Back to top Go down
Tsutanai

Tsutanai

Does this work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does this work   Does this work I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:30 pm

I always thought that when you gain effort values, the stats won't change until you reset the stats. The only 2 ways I know that resets stats is leveling up, or depositing a poke in the PC.

So if its Lv.100 and gains EVs, just put it in the PC.
Back to top Go down
Ciaran

Ciaran

Does this work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does this work   Does this work I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:40 pm

Actually, this is called the Box Trick, and it works...4 EVs at a time. It's because stats are recalculated every time the Pokemon moves into or out of the PC.
Back to top Go down
http://crazyamazingleague.com
Amphy

Amphy

Does this work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does this work   Does this work I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:09 am

Ciaran wrote:
Actually, this is called the Box Trick, and it works...4 EVs at a time. It's because stats are recalculated every time the Pokemon moves into or out of the PC.

hm? Could you explain in a bit more detail?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AngryAmpharos
Ciaran

Ciaran

Does this work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does this work   Does this work I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:50 pm

Well it depends on the generation. In the first two it works with battling as well, but in Gen 3 and 4 it only works with Vitamins.

Quote :
The Box trick is a method in the Generation I and II Pokémon games that allows a Pokémon to gain effort points without necessarily leveling up in the process. This method is most useful when training a Pokémon that is already at level 100.

Usually, a Pokémon gains stat points when they level up, based on the amount of effort points that the Pokémon has acquired through battle, and based on its own base stats. But by depositing a Pokémon into the PC and withdrawing it, the game will, in the process of depositing/withdrawing, recalculate the stats of the deposited Pokémon based on the amount of effort points etc. it possesses. The reason it does this is because while in the box the actual stat values are not stored, so they must be calculated when taken out or viewed.

A Level 100 Pokémon in Generation III and IV is unable to gain effort points though battle, so this trick cannot be used to increase a Level 100 Pokémon's stats in those games. This is because Effort Points are awarded at the same time as Experience Points, and since Pokémon at Level 100 don't gain Experience, they are also skipped over for Effort Points. A Pokémon at Level 100 can still gain Effort Points by consuming Vitamins. That said, a Pokémon can still see the extra stat points earned from Effort Points without leveling up with this trick even if they are not Level 100.
Back to top Go down
http://crazyamazingleague.com
Sponsored content

Does this work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does this work   Does this work I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does this work
Page 1 of 1