SOS Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOS Brigade

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Sub to Sub proposal
My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:12 pm by MrDanGaming

» My youtube channel
My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:55 pm by MrDanGaming

» What Pokemon Type Duo do you think is best
My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:42 pm by NintendJoshz

» I need a little help...
My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:21 am by Philip2702

» One Pokemon
My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:29 am by Philip2702

» Whats Your Favorite Pokemon Game
My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:44 pm by Philip2702

» What is your favorite Gym Leader of all time?
My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:00 pm by NintendJoshz

» MO or Poke Cinema?
My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:02 am by crystalisk

» can anyone find me a Sonic Adventure 2 rom
My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm by Shawnroxxx99

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

My SandStorm Team

Go down 
+4
Blaziken42205
SpiritofSteel
Findows⁷
ArPeeGee
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:19 pm

Alrighty, it has been a good long while, since I have competitively battled, and with the release of Heart Gold and Soul Silver, I decided to get back into the game. Now before I quick, I had a SandStorm team that was pretty good back in that metagame, but I now have no idea what it can do in this Metagame, so I shall post it, and you guys/girls can tell me what I can do to improve it.

My SandStorm Team Ftq49h

Mr.Pwn, The Physical Wall

Hippowdon@Leftovers
Nature - Impish
Ability - Sand Stream
Ev's
252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Moves
~ Earthquake
~ Slack Off
~ Stealth Rock
~ Roar

Description -
The main gold for Hippo is to simply get out there, and set-up a early Sand Storm for later members. He is also there to use the whole SR/Roar combo to those pesky flying types that just seem to annoy me. He counters several leads decently well, which includes Heatran, Metagross, and anything else in between =D

My SandStorm Team 14ucavl

Tsunami, The Special Sweeper Empoleon

Empoleon@Petaya Berry
Nature - Modest
Ability - Torrent
Ev's
252SpAtk, 232Spe, 12Def, 12Hp
Moves
~ Substitute
~ Surf
~ Agility
~ Ice Beam

Description - ( By SandSlashPWNS)
With this change, you get to potentially sweep your opponent's team a lot more easier, and gives you an answer to any form of Rotom. This set works great with Tyranitar, as he can pursuit Latias, a good check to +2 Emp and Pursuit the shit out of Blissey to prevent a sweep. This set also allows you take Skarm, a decent counter to most of your team.

My SandStorm Team B7lw07

Snippy, The Defensive Tank Glisor

Glisor@Leftovers
Nature - Impish
Ability - Sand Veil
Ev's
252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spe
Moves
~ Swords Dance
~ Earthquake
~ Roost
~ Stone Edge

Description -
Snippy will be my second line of defense for anything that Tsunami can't handle, such as those pesky Fighting types =/ His battle plan is simple, all he does is get out there, and setup a SD or two, and then ATTACK, and roost every other turn or so. There isn't too much here that needs improvement, since he has stalled out a couple of Chomps back in the day =D

My SandStorm Team Dy0je9

Bill, The Banded Tyranitar

Tyranitar@Choice Band
Nature - Adamant
Ability - Sand Stream
Ev's
160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Moves
~ Stone Edge
~ Crunch
~ Pursuit
~ Earthquake

Description -
Alright, this is my crusher. He can basically beat anything out there, with this move set, and if I have Sandstorm up. I will consider him the big cheese of the team, since he will be in the bulk of the battles. There really isn't much to describe Bill, he is actually pretty self explanatory.

My SandStorm Team Forret10

Clamp, The Stalling Fortress

Forretress@Shed Shell
Nature - Relaxed
Ability - Sturdy
Ev's
252HP, 112Atk, 144Def
Moves
~ Toxic Spikes
~ Rapid Spin
~ Payback
~ Explosion

Description -
He is the Stallers of Stallers, if that makes ant scene. Yeah, just he is there to go BOOM to anything that no one else can handle =/ There really isn't much of anything else to say =?

My SandStorm Team Eleccj

Blade, The All Out Scizor

Scizor@Choice Band
Nature - Adamant
Ability - Technician
Ev's
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Moves
~ U-turn
~ Bullet Punch
~ Superpower
~ Pursuit

Description -
Alright, time for the grand finale. There really isn't much to talk about Scizor, he is just your typical Scizor with a Choice Band =/

Well, I hope that you guys can help me, and I hope that you enjoy my format, I got bored, and this killed 45 Minutes of my time =D

So with that I am gone =P

I copied this form Serebii =P

Last edited by ArPeeGee on Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Findows⁷

Findows⁷

Characters
CLASS: Good Guy
HP:
My SandStorm Team Left_bar_bleue69/69My SandStorm Team Empty_bar_bleue  (69/69)
Tribe: Steelie

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Rotom can hurt this team, even ttar becomes useless if it can get a wow in.
Back to top Go down
https://sosbrigade.forummotion.com
SpiritofSteel

SpiritofSteel

Characters
CLASS: CHUKLES
HP:

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:19 pm

Physical Empoleon with calm nature say what?
Back to top Go down
Blaziken42205

Blaziken42205

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:28 pm

You should split the hp evs and give hippo some special attack evs.
Back to top Go down
SpiritofSteel

SpiritofSteel

Characters
CLASS: CHUKLES
HP:

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Blaziken42205 wrote:

Of course, so that EQ can do more damage right?
Back to top Go down
Amphy

Amphy

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:51 pm

Iron Head > Seismic Toss on Registeel.

It needs to be able to hit ghosts, and you seem to need Explosion. As Fin said, Rotom is a huge threat to this team, so you'll need all the damage you can get on it. Plus paraflinch is annoying to deal with.

Another thing I noticed, is that Drill Peck is terrible on Emploeon. Give it Waterfall instead.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AngryAmpharos
SandslashPWNS

SandslashPWNS

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:17 pm

Alright, decent team here of course. I have a quick rate here to help your team. First: Change Empoleon to this set:

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Modest | Torrent
252SpAtk, 232Spe, 12Def, 12Hp

Substitute
Surf
Agility
Ice Beam

With this change, you get to potentially sweep your opponent's team a lot more easier, and gives you an answer to any form of Rotom. This set works great with Tyranitar, as he can pursuit Latias, a good check to +2 Emp and Pursuit the shit out of Blissey to prevent a sweep. This set also allows you take Skarm, a decent counter to most of your team.

Secondly, I don't think Registeel is too necessary to your team. He's really just a redundant Gliscor and Hippowdon. I don't like him on this team. His spot can be better occupied by Forretress, a great user of Toxic Spikes that Empoleon LOVES. Try this set:

Forretress @ Shed Shell
Relaxed | Sturdy
252HP, 112Atk, 144Def

Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Payback
Earthquake/Explosion (Your preference) EQ for a Luc check and Explosion for last resort.

If you decide to keep Registeel, replace SR on Registeel for Iron Head. Like Amphy said, you need to hit Ghosts. And besides, you just don't need to SR users.

My Opinion: Great team, but it has some minor flaws. With my changes, this team can be high class. Good luck with this team, and have fun. :D
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SandslashPWNS
SandslashPWNS

SandslashPWNS

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:21 pm

Blaziken42205 wrote:

This is why I'm mod of this section of the forum; to keep bogus rates out. I'm sorry, but this is a horrible rate. Hippowdon doesn't use Special Attacks! Please learn the game of competitive battling before you post. PLEASE.
Back to top Go down
Amphy

Amphy

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:56 pm

SandslashPWNS wrote:
Blaziken42205 wrote:

This is why I'm mod of this section of the forum; to keep bogus rates out. I'm sorry, but this is a horrible rate. Hippowdon doesn't use Special Attacks! Please learn the game of competitive battling before you post. PLEASE.

You're not the only one who knows the metagame here though Slash. xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AngryAmpharos
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:07 pm

Alright, thank you everyone, I will just see what they said on Serebii, and then combine the 2, so this post should be updated by tonight, so Cya then =D
Back to top Go down
SandslashPWNS

SandslashPWNS

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:20 pm

Amphy wrote:
SandslashPWNS wrote:
Blaziken42205 wrote:

I never said I'm the only one to know the metagame...
Back to top Go down
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:23 pm

SandslashPWNS wrote:
Amphy wrote:
SandslashPWNS wrote:
Blaziken42205 wrote:

I never said I'm the only one to know the metagame...

He really never did, he just acts like it =P

Nah I kid Tom
Back to top Go down
Hunter2385

Hunter2385

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:49 pm

Hmmm. What if a Life Orb Rachi comes in with elemental punches and Iron Head?
I think it may hurt a little.
Seems sturdy enough as long as you keep a Sandstormer alive though.

If Emp stays physical, replace drill peck. It's really not too great.
If you go Special with the agili-sub-petaya, consider Grass Knot as a move to surprise maybe.
Also because your entire team is physically based attackwise and defensewise, it'd be a good idea to go special.
Back to top Go down
Blaziken42205

Blaziken42205

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:35 pm

SandslashPWNS wrote:
Blaziken42205 wrote:

Well then why does hippo have EQ?

And yes steel, EQ is a very powerful move, so I was thinking he should power it with some SpA EVs.
Back to top Go down
Findows⁷

Findows⁷

Characters
CLASS: Good Guy
HP:

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:49 pm

Blaziken.....eq doesnt use SpA ev's....it uses Atk ev's...
It doesn't really matter since hippo is meant to bring in sandstorm and set rocks up.
Back to top Go down
https://sosbrigade.forummotion.com
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:49 am

Findows⁷ wrote:
It doesn't really matter since hippo is meant to bring in sandstorm and set rocks up.

I think he is thinking of Earth Power
Back to top Go down
Blaziken42205

Blaziken42205

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 11:32 am

ArPeeGee wrote:
Findows⁷ wrote:

I think he is thinking of Earth Power

Yeah, I must have been thinking of Earth Power. I'm always getting those mixed up.
Back to top Go down
Magic

Magic

Characters
CLASS: Noob
HP:
My SandStorm Team Left_bar_bleue15/15My SandStorm Team Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 1:31 pm

I'm shit at rating, but I know a lot about the metagame, so here goes:

You have a glaring MixApe weakness. So what I'd do is replace Emploleon (as 2 SD sweepers seems a bit overkill, and the fact you have NO special attackers) with Vaporeon. Or maybe Latias, as Wish Passing doesn't seem that necessary on this team, as you don't have any LO sweepers or Guts Abusers etc. Those two will also help against Expert Belt Jirachi, as that seems to be a small threat too.

And yes, replace Registeel with Forretress, as it's not doing anything for the team. Rotom-A wrecks this team up too. So Heatran (especially Sub Offenisve or Sub Torment Tran) could work great. Torment Tran seems to work, as SS damage as well as Toxic Spikes stalling laid from the Forry which you might use will help stall it out a lot.

Not sure how 2 CBers could help, but oh well, if it works for you, though you could try out Mix Scarf Tar or Mix DD Tar, as they both get many suprise KO's on things that look quite threatning to your team, such as Skarm or Defensive Gliscor.

Btw, I think that's a typo on the Empoleon with the Calm Nature =P

Well, that's all I can think of at the moment. I might be wrong about a few things, but I feel this is an alright rate. The team seems pretty good though!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/magicmclimey
SandslashPWNS

SandslashPWNS

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:02 pm

Magic wrote:
I'm shit at rating, but I know a lot about the metagame, so here goes:

You have a glaring MixApe weakness. So what I'd do is replace Emploleon (as 2 SD sweepers seems a bit overkill, and the fact you have NO special attackers) with Vaporeon. Or maybe Latias, as Wish Passing doesn't seem that necessary on this team, as you don't have any LO sweepers or Guts Abusers etc. Those two will also help against Expert Belt Jirachi, as that seems to be a small threat too.

And yes, replace Registeel with Forretress, as it's not doing anything for the team. Rotom-A wrecks this team up too. So Heatran (especially Sub Offenisve or Sub Torment Tran) could work great. Torment Tran seems to work, as SS damage as well as Toxic Spikes stalling laid from the Forry which you might use will help stall it out a lot.

Not sure how 2 CBers could help, but oh well, if it works for you, though you could try out Mix Scarf Tar or Mix DD Tar, as they both get many suprise KO's on things that look quite threatning to your team, such as Skarm or Defensive Gliscor.

Btw, I think that's a typo on the Empoleon with the Calm Nature =P

Well, that's all I can think of at the moment. I might be wrong about a few things, but I feel this is an alright rate. The team seems pretty good though!

Quality rate here, Magic.

If anything, I'd replace Gliscor. SD Gliscor without Baton Pass is a little underwhelming if you ask me. Besides, with Toxic Spikes from the potential Forry, Empoleon wreaks havoc behind a sub while the Toxic gets to Blissey, one of the prime counters to it.
Back to top Go down
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:18 pm

There, I edited the team now, So how does it look now?
Back to top Go down
SandslashPWNS

SandslashPWNS

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:31 am

Ok, looks better. One more thing that I would like to address. I still see a significant weakness to Heatran, Rotom-A, and Salamence. There is one simple solution to all of them; Latias. Choice Scarf latias prevents many sweeps from happening, namely DD Mence, DD Gyarados, and LO/Nasty Plot/Swords Dance Infernape. Pretty much anything else bar Tyranitar. This also gives you a Fire resist and a Water resist. Try this set:

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid | Levitate
252SAtk, 252Spe, 4Def

Draco Meteor
Surf
Thunderbolt
Trick

What to replace for her came to me in a second. Try replacing you Gliscor. Like I said before, Gliscor with SD is pretty much very easy to counter and comes off very underwhelming. Now I've never used this team, but from experience, Gliscor is only useful for leading and breaking Stall with Taunt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My SandStorm Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: My SandStorm Team   My SandStorm Team I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My SandStorm Team
Page 1 of 1