SOS Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOS Brigade

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Sub to Sub proposal
The Fat Ass Rebellion! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:12 pm by MrDanGaming

» My youtube channel
The Fat Ass Rebellion! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:55 pm by MrDanGaming

» What Pokemon Type Duo do you think is best
The Fat Ass Rebellion! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:42 pm by NintendJoshz

» I need a little help...
The Fat Ass Rebellion! I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:21 am by Philip2702

» One Pokemon
The Fat Ass Rebellion! I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:29 am by Philip2702

» Whats Your Favorite Pokemon Game
The Fat Ass Rebellion! I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:44 pm by Philip2702

» What is your favorite Gym Leader of all time?
The Fat Ass Rebellion! I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:00 pm by NintendJoshz

» MO or Poke Cinema?
The Fat Ass Rebellion! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:02 am by crystalisk

» can anyone find me a Sonic Adventure 2 rom
The Fat Ass Rebellion! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm by Shawnroxxx99

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Fat Ass Rebellion!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zachattach9

Zachattach9

The Fat Ass Rebellion! Empty
PostSubject: The Fat Ass Rebellion!   The Fat Ass Rebellion! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:28 pm

Changes Made in Bold Italics

Introduction:

So I was sitting there one day, just reflecting on my battles. I thought about what pokemon work for me and what pokemon just screw me over. I'm probably in the same boat with a lot of people, but when I lose, it's usually because something sweeps through my team. Gyarados, Suicune, Metagross. Huge sweepers as everyone knows, but what do they all have in common? They're bulky. Bully sweepers are the key to a lot of victory for people, and I find the whole "basing your team off of one pokemon" theory, a little flawed, because you're easily swept once the core of your team is gone, so I figured why not just pack a team full of bulky sweepers? I thought for hours, and this is what I came up with:

Team Building Process:

The Fat Ass Rebellion! 130The Fat Ass Rebellion! 245

Alright, so I wanted to brainstorm the best bulky sweepers in the game, and what immediately came to my mind was bulky waters. I wanted both a special and a physical bulky water sweeper, and the special one was a no-brainer. Suicune. The physical sweeper I wanted was extremely obvious too; Gyarados is almost my only choice.

The Fat Ass Rebellion! 130The Fat Ass Rebellion! 245The Fat Ass Rebellion! 135

With two bulky waters, I noticed I was extremely weak to electric. Jolteon was my choice to absorb those pesky electric attacks. I know what you’re thinking. Bulky Jolteon? You just wait and see.

The Fat Ass Rebellion! 130The Fat Ass Rebellion! 245The Fat Ass Rebellion! 135The Fat Ass Rebellion! 492

I wanted to have a balanced team of three physical attackers and special attackers, so now it was time to complete the special side of it. When it comes to bulk, those Pokemon with all base 100’s are always a great choice, so I decided to go for it. It was between Jirachi, Celebi, and Shaymin, and it came down to which Pokemon adds the least weakness to my team, and the answer was Shaymin.

The Fat Ass Rebellion! 130The Fat Ass Rebellion! 245The Fat Ass Rebellion! 135The Fat Ass Rebellion! 492The Fat Ass Rebellion! 376

Now I needed two more physical sweepers. Looking at the team, with my two bulky waters, one having immunity to ground, I decided I could fit in a steel type. In OU, the most effective bulky steel type sweeper is hands down Metagross.

The Fat Ass Rebellion! 68The Fat Ass Rebellion! 130The Fat Ass Rebellion! 245The Fat Ass Rebellion! 135The Fat Ass Rebellion! 492The Fat Ass Rebellion! 376

What’s this? I’m left without a lead! There are only a couple physical leads out there, and with this team, only Azelf and Machamp would really fit. Machamp would definitely survive longer and maybe get 2 or 3 kills, but Azelf has access to stealth rock. It’s a very hard choice. I went with Machamp for now.

Type Coverage Chart:

The Fat Ass Rebellion! Typecoveragechart

A Closer Look:

The Fat Ass Rebellion! Machamp

Machamp (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 232 Def / 8 Spd / 16 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- DynamicPunch
- Bullet Punch
- Payback
- Substitute

This isn’t exactly the usual lead Machamp set, but that’s just what makes it effective. No one would expect Substitute on a lead Machamp, so I can easily take advantage of it. While my opponent is either switching out to a counter, setting up stealth rocks, or trying to put me to sleep, I can set up a sub and I’m actually in sweeping position with a lead. I’m still pondering whether to replace Machamp with a Colbur Berry Azelf.

The Fat Ass Rebellion! Gyarados

Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 180 Atk / 88 Def / 168 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Waterfall

Just a standard Bulky DD Gyarados. People think they’re clever by switching in a Celebi or a Blissey in to get a status on me, But with 1 DD, I outspeed Celebi, I can taunt, and I’m once again free to set up while they either try to kill me or switch out to something else. It’s really very easy to set up with. It also runs terrific synergy with Jolteon, as they both cover each other’s weaknesses.

The Fat Ass Rebellion! Metagross

Metagross @ Life Orb
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 136 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt

Agiligross is a great bulky sweeper. There aren’t many Pokemon that this thing can’t set up on. Heatran, Infernape, and Tyranitar are basically the only things that I can’t set up on. I can even set up in Flygon if it's stuck on outrage. With a +1 attack from Meteor Mash, and a +2 speed, this thing isn’t even going to be stopped by Swampert, which normally walls the crap out of Metagross.

The Fat Ass Rebellion! Shaymin

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 32 HP / 224 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Seed Flare
- Rest

If used right, Shaymin will never faint. The Life Orb + Rest + Natural Cure combo is just wonderful. Seed Flare’s going to do a decent amount of damage to anything that switches into this thing, and it’s fairly bulky, so there aren’t many situations where I won’t get to pull off a second attack and revenge kill. It isn’t OHKO’d by a scarfed Heatran’s Fire Blast, so I can go in and kill it with Earth Power. You see Hidden Power Ice on Shaymin much more commonly than Hidden Power Fire, so I commonly see Scizor being baited in and easily killed. I don’t have Hidden Power Ice because I’ve got dragons very well covered already.

The Fat Ass Rebellion! Suicune
Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 200 HP / 188 Spd / 120 SAtk
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Calm Mind

Ahh, the CM + 3 attacks Suicune… It’s fairly easy to set up on anything that it’s opposing. With boltbeam coverage and a powerful STAB move, the only thing that’s going to wall this is the very rare Lanturn. Lots of pokes will try to set up on this guy, but very few will succeed.

The Fat Ass Rebellion! Jolteon

Jolteon (F) @ Shuca Berry
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 120 Def / 136 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

I know what you’re thinking. What is this? This, my fellow internet people, is a bulky version of a Life Orb Jolteon. It’s got the standard Life Orb Jolteon moves; however, I see that Jolteon has some unneeded speed EV’s. With a Timid nature, it only needs 136 speed EV’s to outspeed a max speed, Timid nature Starmie, by 2 points. The rest was put into defense, because I no longer outspeed Weavile. With these defense EV’s, a +1 (or Choice Band) Weavile will not OHKO with Ice Punch. I have the Shuca Berry on there so I can make sure I will never be OHKO’d with any Pokemon’s +1 Earthquake or unboosted Earth Power or Hidden Power Ground, so that means Flygon, Heatran, Metagross, Shaymin, Yanmega, and Celebi are in for a rude awakening.

Final Glance:

The Fat Ass Rebellion! 68The Fat Ass Rebellion! 130The Fat Ass Rebellion! 245The Fat Ass Rebellion! 135The Fat Ass Rebellion! 492The Fat Ass Rebellion! 376

Last edited by Zachattach9 on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:58 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zachattach9

Zachattach9

PostSubject: Re: The Fat Ass Rebellion!   The Fat Ass Rebellion! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:30 pm

Threat List

Huge threats that will always get a kill:

Yanmega - My best hope against yanmega is to switch directly to Jolteon from Machamp because I'm going to get air slashed, use t-bolt, and switch back out to Machamp so i can BP its's 1 HP off.

Moderate threats that usually will get a kill:

Infernape: If it's a mixape and Suicune and Jolteon are gone, the team will easily get swept. Otherwise, Jolteon can t-bolt it to death and Suicune can surf it to death.

Flygon: If Suicune's gone and it uses Outrage instead of Earthquake on Jolteon, it's going to get a kill.

Weavile: If it gets 2 Swords Dances up, my only hope not to get swept is Gyarados who can easily get OHKO'd by Stone Edge.

Jirachi: If this thing get scarfed onto Iron Head And I don't have a sweep set up, the hax will usually get to me, but otherwise metagross makes quick work of it.

Breloom: Jolt's got HP Ice for and easy KO, Suicune's got Ice Beam, Shaymin's got HP ice, and Metagross kills it with an agility up. However, the sleep will be annoying and could come into play in late-game.

Not Very Threatening:

Aerodactyl: Suicune easily walls, Jolteon makes quick work of it, Metagross OHKO's after agility, Gyarados can wall and 2HKO with Waterfall.

Azelf: Machamp beats the physical versions, Suicune takes special versions, and Metagross takes both if the special version doesn't have Fire Blast.

Bronzong: Shaymin takes care of it, Gyarados sets up on it, Suicune walls it, Machamp haxes it.

Celebi: Metagross OHKO's with Meteor Mash, Suicune can set up on it, Shaymin's got HP Fire, Jolteon's got HP Ice.

Dragonite: Suicune's got Ice Beam, Jolteon's got HP Ice, Metagross's Meteor Mash OHKO's

Dusknoir: All of my special attackers take care of it pretty well. Machamp can do a dent if it's got a sub up.

Electivire: Metagross, Machamp, and Shaymin can take it without a setup, and Gyarados can take it with 2 DD's up

Empoleon: Suicune walls it, Jolteon gets an easy set up on it, Shaymin can earth power, Metagross can EQ or t-punch, and Machamp can dynamicpunch it to death.

Forretress: Shaymin's got it covered, and so does Suicune. Gyarados makes its entry hazard set-ups useless.

Gengar: Metagross OHKO's, Jolteon kills the non-scarf versions, and Suicune walls it decently well.

Gliscor: Suicune and Jolteon just rape this thing, and Shaymin and Gyarados have secondary coverage.

Gyarados: Jolteon takes it, as does Metagross and Suicune. My own gyarados can do a dent with stone edge.

Heatran: Gyarados and Suicune are my main Counters for this thing, but Shaymin and Metagross work on occasion.

Heracross: Shaymin kills it, Suicune walls it decently, as does Gyarados.

Hippowdon: All of my special sweepers do the job, as does Gyarados.

Jolteon: Metagross takes any attack from it, and Shaymin's gonna be able to get an earth power off.

Kingdra: This thing can usually be taken out by Shaymin, Suicune, and Metagross. Gyarados helps with intimidate as well.

Lucario: Suicune kills it, as does Shaymin, Metagross and Jolteon.

Machamp: My own Machamp beats the lead version, and Shaymin and Jolteon pretty nicely cover the others.

Magnezone: Machamp, Metagross, and Shaymin decimate this thing.

Mamoswine: Machamp, Shaymin, Metagross, and Suicune do nicely. Gyarados is secondary check.

Metagross: My own Metagross, Shaymin, Jolteon, and Suicune do nicely.

Ninjask: Jolteon toys around with this thing, Gyarados and Shaymin check it nicely, as does Metagross.

Roserade: Suicune, Jolteon, and Shaymin kill non-lead versions, while Machamp kills the leads.

Rotom: If it's scarfed onto Shadow Ball, Gyarados and Suicune are the way to go, but if it's scarfed onto Thunderbolt, Jolteon's the key. Bulky versions have to deal with Shaymin's Seed Flare, as it's the only poke that doesn't get phased by Will-O-Wisp.

Scizor: Gyarados and Shaymin are my main ways of dealing with it, Suicune and Metagross are secondary.

Skarmory: Jolteon and Shaymin eat this thing for breakfast.

Smeargle: As I only see it as a lead, Machamp's got it covered.

Snorlax: Metagross, Machamp, and Gyarados make mince meat of it.

Starmie: Jolteon, Suicune, Shaymin, and Metagross make quick work of it.

Suicune: Jolteon, Shaymin, and Metagross all make quick work of it. Machamp helps out with confusion.

Swampert: Shaymin and Suicune have got it covered.

Tentacruel: Metagross, Shaymin, and Jolteon take care of it.

Togekiss: Jolteon loves to set up on it, Suicune and Gyarados make quick work of it as well.

Tyranitar: Metagross and Gyarados take it if they've set up already, but otherwise Suicune and Shaymin have got it in the bag.

Umbreon: Metagross, Machamp, and Gyarados send it packing.

Vaporeon: Gyarados ruins it with taunt. Metagross, Shaymin, and Jolteon can easily kill it.

Zapdos: Gyarados kills it with a dragon dance up, otherwise, Suicune's got it covered.
Back to top Go down
SandslashPWNS

SandslashPWNS

PostSubject: Re: The Fat Ass Rebellion!   The Fat Ass Rebellion! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:09 am

I have a few things to say, which are only nitpicks if anything. First off, I suggest the following set for Gyarados, as losing to Jolteon sucks bad. The moves you have are great, though.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Jolly | Intimidate
252Atk, 88Def, 170Spe

You have a kinda huge Ape weakness, as you've already pointed out, and I've seen many running HP-Electric now, so definitely watch out.

Your Cune set could actually be a bit bulkier. You only need to outspeed Adamant Lucario, so you might as well invest some more EVs into HP.

You should run Zen Headbutt over Thunderpunch. Believe me, it works. Losing to defensive Rotom without a way of hitting them will always be a let down. Not to mention you don't have any lures for Rotom, so you definitely should use Zen Headbutt. You still hit bulky waters hard, so don't worry.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SandslashPWNS
Zachattach9

Zachattach9

PostSubject: Re: The Fat Ass Rebellion!   The Fat Ass Rebellion! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 8:37 pm

Omg assholes, rate the team
Back to top Go down
Amphy

Amphy

PostSubject: Re: The Fat Ass Rebellion!   The Fat Ass Rebellion! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:23 am

I second Slash's proposal to make Gyara bulkier. I've tried out Sub on Machamp, and Ice Punch usually serves you better, so I'd suggest that over that. I don't have much to correct here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AngryAmpharos
Zachattach9

Zachattach9

PostSubject: Re: The Fat Ass Rebellion!   The Fat Ass Rebellion! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 11:29 pm

AmphZee wrote:
I second Slash's proposal to make Gyara bulkier. I've tried out Sub on Machamp, and Ice Punch usually serves you better, so I'd suggest that over that. I don't have much to correct here.

Slash wanted the gyarados to be less bulky... And the only thing ice punch helps me with is roserade, and dynamicpunch does a shit load to roserade anyways.
Back to top Go down
SandslashPWNS

SandslashPWNS

PostSubject: Re: The Fat Ass Rebellion!   The Fat Ass Rebellion! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:21 am

Zachattach9 wrote:
AmphZee wrote:

Slash wanted the gyarados to be less bulky... And the only thing ice punch helps me with is roserade, and dynamicpunch does a shit load to roserade anyways.

Actually, Payback+Bullet Punch kills Roserade anyway. Ice Punch is also for Gliscor, who can be problematic late game when he Taunts your sweepers from setting up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SandslashPWNS
tharles

tharles

Characters
CLASS: Wizard
HP:
The Fat Ass Rebellion! Left_bar_bleue69/69The Fat Ass Rebellion! Empty_bar_bleue  (69/69)
Tribe: Steelie

PostSubject: Re: The Fat Ass Rebellion!   The Fat Ass Rebellion! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:34 am

SandslashPWNS wrote:
I have a few things to say, which are only nitpicks if anything. First off, I suggest the following set for Gyarados, as losing to Jolteon sucks bad. The moves you have are great, though.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Jolly | Intimidate
252Atk, 88Def, 170Spe

You have a kinda huge Ape weakness, as you've already pointed out, and I've seen many running HP-Electric now, so definitely watch out.

Your Cune set could actually be a bit bulkier. You only need to outspeed Adamant Lucario, so you might as well invest some more EVs into HP.

You should run Zen Headbutt over Thunderpunch. Believe me, it works. Losing to defensive Rotom without a way of hitting them will always be a let down. Not to mention you don't have any lures for Rotom, so you definitely should use Zen Headbutt. You still hit bulky waters hard, so don't worry.

I have to strongly disagree with the option of zen headbutt over tpunch. If a rotom gets sent in metagross is willoed /end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fat Ass Rebellion!   The Fat Ass Rebellion! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Fat Ass Rebellion!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SOS Brigade :: Pokemon :: Competitive Battling-
Jump to: