SOS Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOS Brigade

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Sub to Sub proposal
STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:12 pm by MrDanGaming

» My youtube channel
STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:55 pm by MrDanGaming

» What Pokemon Type Duo do you think is best
STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:42 pm by NintendJoshz

» I need a little help...
STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:21 am by Philip2702

» One Pokemon
STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:29 am by Philip2702

» Whats Your Favorite Pokemon Game
STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:44 pm by Philip2702

» What is your favorite Gym Leader of all time?
STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:00 pm by NintendJoshz

» MO or Poke Cinema?
STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:02 am by crystalisk

» can anyone find me a Sonic Adventure 2 rom
STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm by Shawnroxxx99

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciaran

Ciaran

STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Empty
PostSubject: STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT]   STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 3:44 pm

STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Heatran_by_SailorClef

INTRODUCTION:
I wanted to make a team with Torment Tran and others made to use/abuse the same concept. I.E Preventing or limiting the move Choice of the opponent. It utilizes some fun Pokes, some annoying Pokes, and some dangerous Pokes to do this while also making use of every entry hazard in the game making it into a semi-stall team that wears down the opponent quickly via EHs, attacks, or Struggle (hence the name). t's only lost once so far on Shoddy Battle as of the posting of this RMT.

Type Chart:
STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] 34xrind

Pros for the team:

-All entry hazards and a spin blocker
    -Dominates Stall
    -Fulfills it's goal most of the time

Cons for the team:

-Needs end of game thinking to work (something I don't do tremendously well)
    -Due to it's similarities to stall, a background in stall is appreciated
    -Similarly a background in balance is also appreciated
    -This team dislikes Infernape. He won't sweep the team but he can be troublesome to deal with

Entry Hazards:

-4 Immune to Toxic Spikes
    -2 Immune to Spikes
    -1 Resist to Stealth Rock
    -0 Weak to Stealth Rock

Changes:

-Roserade was changed to Smeargle

-----------------------------------------
AT A GLANCE:
STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Spr_4d_235|STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Spr_4p_472|STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Spr_4d_385|STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Spr_4p_479O|STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Spr_4d_230|STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Spr_4p_485_s

A CLOSER LOOK:

STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Spr_b_g4_235
Smeargle @ Choice Scarf STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Bag_Choice_Scarf_Sprite
Technician
252 HP | 6 Def | 252 Spe
Jolly nature ( Spe, -SpAtk)

• Trick
  • Spore
  • Spikes
  • Toxic Spikes

Comments/Description:
This is a lead Smeargle suggested to me by some friends to fill out Roserade's position. This guy has the potential to cripple 2 opponents and set up 2 seperate Entry Hazards on his own. First turn I normally Trick (if it's an opponent that will prioritize setting up Entry Hazards against Smeargle), the Spore on the next Poke then begin my set up. Toxic Spikes are the most vital, so they're set up first, then Spikes next. Smeargle will sometimes receive a Focus Sash from the Trick, a fun way to allow even more set up early game. Once these jobs are fufilled I kill Smeargle off to prevent his use as set up fodder. This is an important thing to note. Against certain select leads, however, I will immediatly Spore as not to be KO'd (Mamoswine, Infernape, Ambipom, and Jirachi leads in particular), to allow me to come in later for set up because of how important it is to this team. This lead works most of the time, but occasionally there are annoyingly fast Taunters who opt not to set up, but Taunt. This can be annoying and is a weakness in this lead, but because of my needs I find it difficult to change it... Jolly and max speed are obvious in their purpose. Fast set up and Sleeping. Max HP allows for survivability against priority and the 6 Defense for slightly moe bulk (despite how little Smeargle naturally has). Changes to the EV spread are very acceptable if deemed to be needed.

STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Spr_b_g4_472
Gliscor @ Leftovers STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Bag_Leftovers_Sprite
Sand Veil
252 HP | 40 Def | 216 Spe
Jolly nature ( Spe, -SpAtk)

• Earthquake
  • Taunt
  • Stealth Rock
  • Roost

Comments/Description:
Gliscor is responsible for my final entry hazard, my first form of attacking limitation, and being a Lucario check. He also assists in breaking down stall via Taunt, which he also uses to prevent set up against Heatran or make it more difficult for opposing entry hazards and healing moves to be used. Earthquake is obvious STAB for checking Lucario and Tyranitar and Roost for longevity and staying power. Gliscor's speed EVs allow it to outspeed all non-Scarfed Lucarios (because who uses those) and OHKO with EQ (assuming SR or a single layer of Spikes are in play) The 40 Defense and max HP increase bulk to take hits from things like Tyranitar. Sand Veil helps Gliscor take on Tranitar and any Pokes on the same team as Tyranitar due to forcing misses on many non-perfect accuracy moves and even some perfect accuacy moves raising the uncertainty factor of beating him.

STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Spr_b_g4_385
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Bag_Choice_Scarf_Sprite
Serene Grace
80 HP | 252 Atk | 176 Spe
Jolly nature ( Spe, -SAtk)

• Iron Head
  • Ice Punch
  • Trick
  • U-turn

Comments/Description:
ScarfRachi ftw. This is another of my move forcing units, being able to Trick a Scarf onto an opposing Pokemon and force them into using one move only, making them set up bait for TormentTran and Disable Kingdra by forcing Struggle. Iron Head for obvious haxing ability, Ice Punch assists in checking Mence, and U-Turn to escape Magnezone and allow counter swapping. Max Atk is obvious and Jirachi has enough speed to outrun neutral base 100s ( 1 with Scarf, unboosted without it). This rest of the EVs are thrown into HP to take hits better.

STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Spr_b_g4_479O
Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Bag_Choice_Scarf_Sprite
Levitate
6 Def | 252 SpAtk | 252 Spe
Timid nature ( Spe, -Atk)

• Thunderbolt
  • Trick
  • Shadow Ball
  • Overheat

Comments/Description:
Rotom-h is my final Trick Scarfer and my Gyarados/Skarmory counter. The EV spread is simple, but t doesn't need much complexity it can come in on Gyara's DD, outspeed and OHKO with Thunderbolt. It can Trick Scarf onto Skarmory and OHKO with either Overheat or Thunderbolt. It can also act as a secondary Lucario check if Gliscor fails, outspeeding Adamant Lucario (very few Jolly ones carry Crunch in my experience, normally it's Ice Punch) and OHKOing with Overheat. Trick Scarfing serves the same purpose on Rotom as it does on Jirachi and Smeargle. Rotom-h is also my spin blocker, being able to beat most spinners one on one and obviously is a Ghost. Rotom's survival is almost necessary to the success of this team, at least until the Scarf is gone and their spinner is dead/cripple beyond ay real capacity.

STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Spr_b_g4_230
Kingdra @ Leftovers STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Bag_Leftovers_Sprite
Swift Swim
24 HP | 252 Atk | 232 Spe
Adamant nature ( Atk, -SpAtk)

• Disable
  • Dragon Dance
  • Substitute
  • Waterfall

Comments/Description:
One of the stars of the show! This is a set Astrith made a good time ago, and I finally decided to try it. It's a ton of fun to Disable a Choice user, then Sub and set up on them as they either Struggle or are forced to swap out depending on the situation. Mono attacking with Waterfall may seem like a bad idea, but because of Outrage's locking and confusion it's the best option due to the fact that I can't afford to subsitute the Leftovers recovery for a Lum Berry on this team. Kingdra also works fantastically synergy wise here and draws in Dragons for Outrage, a place where Torment Tran can easily set up to deal with the threat if my other answers are dead or crippled to the point of being unable to perform. The EVs and move are obviousad Swift Swim gives me a response beyond what I already have to OU Rain.

STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Spr_b_g4_485_s
Heatran @ Leftovers STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Bag_Leftovers_Sprite
Flash Fire
244 HP | 32 SAtk | 12 SDef | 220 Spe
Calm nature ( SpDef, -Atk)

• Lava Plume
  • Protect
  • Substitute
  • Torment

Comments/Description:
This guy is the final Poke and the one in the spotlight of this team. TORMENT TRAN! This Poke has risen in popularity on the ladder since Philip7086 introduced it. It's an absolute bitc to take out and a lot of fun to use. In the one game I lost with this team I had an amazing stall battle beaten this Heatran nd CM Cresselia tha ended in his retreat. To quote the creater:

Philip7086 wrote:
This. Thing. Is. A. Beast. If I can get a Sub up successfully, you aren’t going to touch me for a while. If your Heatran check is choice’d, then I will just laugh as you struggle and kill yourself. Even if it’s not choice’d, most Pokemon cannot touch me, because people rarely have more than one move that can successfully break this beast’s subs. This is how it works:

You switch in on my Sub. I use Torment as you break my Sub. Then I Sub again while you cannot use your Super Effective move on me that turn. Then I use Protect when you try to use it again. Now I’m safe to use Lava Plum while knowing that you cannot break my Sub with a Super Effective hit. If you try to set up against me, then you run the risk of getting Burned, which many set-up sweepers do not want to do.

There are, of course, a few things that will beat this set, such as non-choice’d Heatrans, Gyarados (if they don’t get Burned), Swampert (though they lose a heavy load of health breaking my Subs from Toxic Spikes), and anything with Rest. However, I can usually successfully scout, and neutralize those threats before this guy comes into play at the end of the match. I like to Trick Rotom’s Scarf onto something, while sacrificing himself, so that Heatran can come in on a hopefully-resisted attack

Smogon analysis wrote:
The HP EVs allow Heatran to hit its highest Leftovers number, which is very important, considering you will be seeing a lot of Leftovers recovery with this set. The Speed EVs bring Heatran to 245 Speed, which allows you to outspeed Zapdos and Celebi at 244 Speed. Getting your Substitute up before being hit by Thunder Wave is very important for this set. The Special Defense EVs allow Heatran to take 24% max from a neutral natured, 0 Special Attack Rotom’s Discharge, meaning they will never break your Substitute. This is important because you really do not want Heatran to randomly get paralyzed from Discharge. The Special Attack EVs ensure that you do a minimum of 33% to max HP Machamp, meaning that the Rest Sleep Talk sets will be 3HKOed. You don’t have to worry about DynamicPunch with Torment. Heatran always 3HKOs bulky Rotoms, so not even the Rest Sleep Talk versions can stop you.

A FINAL GLANCE:
STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Ani235MSSTRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Ani472MSSTRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Ani385MSSTRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Ani479OMSSTRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Ani230MSSTRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Ani485MS

[RMT!]
Back to top Go down
http://crazyamazingleague.com
Magic

Magic

Characters
CLASS: Noob
HP:
STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Left_bar_bleue15/15STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Tribe: Steelie

PostSubject: Re: STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT]   STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:05 pm

I'll make a proper rate tomorrow, because I'm seriously tired at the moment. All I can say right now it that you have succeeded in making a team around possibly the most annoying Pokemon since WishBliss.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/magicmclimey
Tyranttar34

PostSubject: Re: STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT]   STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:06 pm

Back to top Go down
brawler1235

brawler1235

PostSubject: Re: STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT]   STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:13 pm

Tyranttar34 wrote:
Copied straight off Marriland?

http://www.marriland.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=370456

Oh well

Uhhh, how bout NO. If you look at the bottom of the signature of the marriland post, it has a link to CAL, a place where ciaran frequently visits.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000076030980&ref=p
Ciaran

Ciaran

PostSubject: Re: STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT]   STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:13 am

EternalCelebi wrote:
Tyranttar34 wrote:
Copied straight off Marriland?

http://www.marriland.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=370456

Oh well

Uhhh, how bout NO. If you look at the bottom of the signature of the marriland post, it has a link to CAL, a place where ciaran frequently visits.
I'm actually an admin there, el oh el. Gabo is my username on Marriland.
Back to top Go down
http://crazyamazingleague.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT]   STRUGGLPALOOZA!! [OU RMT] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SOS Brigade :: Pokemon :: Competitive Battling-
Jump to: