SOS Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOS Brigade

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Sub to Sub proposal
WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:12 pm by MrDanGaming

» My youtube channel
WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:55 pm by MrDanGaming

» What Pokemon Type Duo do you think is best
WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:42 pm by NintendJoshz

» I need a little help...
WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:21 am by Philip2702

» One Pokemon
WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:29 am by Philip2702

» Whats Your Favorite Pokemon Game
WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:44 pm by Philip2702

» What is your favorite Gym Leader of all time?
WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:00 pm by NintendJoshz

» MO or Poke Cinema?
WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:02 am by crystalisk

» can anyone find me a Sonic Adventure 2 rom
WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm by Shawnroxxx99

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT]

Go down 
+3
SandslashPWNS
Zachattach9
brawler1235
7 posters
AuthorMessage
brawler1235

brawler1235

WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Empty
PostSubject: WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT]   WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:34 pm

WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] KecleonBrothers

Introduction:
Hi, this is the first RMT I have posted in a while, so please try to bear with me. Alright, now, i have recently been play testing a new UU team that is based around specs sceptile, and, the beastly special wall, kecleon. The main focus of this team is to try to spread paralysis around, and kill off any spikers, so i am able to freely switch in my sceptile, so, that after a leaf storm, i am able to switch in and out freely. This team also features a bulky feraligatr that Godzilla created. (all credit goes to him for the whole entire set) This team has gotten me to around a record of 12-3 on the UU ladder, (only 4 days of testing though....stupid HW) so i have a good idea on what this team needs, and what this team does well.

Team Building Process:
Ok, so this team originated with.....
WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4d_352
Yup, thats right, kecleon. After being inspired by Jimmy31428 of youtube (link at end of RMT) i decided that i would like to try out kecleon, after seeing all his success with it.

Next, seeing on how kecleon is a special wall, i figured that i needed a physical wall, that could spread paralysis....
WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4d_352 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4h_080
....so i chose slowbro. Slowbro is an amazing physical wall that can, not only spread paralysis, but it can heal itself, making it an obvious choice.

Next, well, to be honest, i really dont know what i needed next, so i was looking around CAL's RMT section, and found Godzilla's UU team post. After reading it, i decided to try out his....
WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4d_352 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4h_080 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4h_160
....Feraligatr. I liked the idea of a bulky SD feraligatr, because it fit into my teams strategy perfectly; spread paralysis, and sweep.

Now, what goes well with feraligatr? (well, in my opinion)
WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4d_352 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4h_080 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4h_160 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4d_254
If you guessed Sceptile....You were correct!!! Okay, lame joke aside, sceptile is probably the best pokemon on the team. Not only does it help with my weakness to electricity, but choice Specs Sceptile + leaf storm = massive damage, no matter the opponent. This guy really is beast, and i use it as much as possible....

....which is why i realized i needed a spinner AND a stealth rocker, so i chose....
WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4d_352 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4h_080 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4h_160 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4d_254 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4h_232_f
....Donphan. Donphan does its job well, spin, set up mah rockz, and resist electricity. Yes, my team has two pokemon weak to electricty, so i looked at all the UU ground types and donphan just, well, worked.

After looking this team over, i realized none of them, besides donphan, maybe, is qualified enough to be a lead, so i threw my favorite UU lead of all time (and it happens to be a friend of mines favorite pokemon)....
WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4d_352 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4h_080 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4h_160 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4d_254 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4h_232_f WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4h_059
....Arcanine! This thing really does not have a designated purpose other than to deal as much damage as possible

Now, just rearrange the order a bit... and....:

At a glance:

WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4h_059 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4d_352 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4d_254 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4h_160 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4h_080 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_4h_232_f

A Closer Look:

WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] 210px-059Arcanine

Arcanine@Choice Band WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Bag_Choice_Band_Sprite
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Ability: Intimidate
Ev's: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Moveset:

~Flare Blitz
~Thunder Fang
~Crunch
~Extreme Speed

Description
Okay, so as you hopefully read in the team building process, this thing is basically here to deal as much damage as possible. Intimidate is to stop any physical leads from dealing damage to me. I chose choice band + adamant nature for maximum power (although, it wouldn't hurt to change to jolly).
Move Description
~FLARE BLITZ: This is my main move of choice. Not really much to say, the move speaks for itself with its 120 base power and stab.
~THUNDER FANG: Filler move. Actually, i originally had IRON HEAD in this spot, but it wasn't really doing anything for me other than the occasional flinch. Plus, if i can predict right, i can t-fang on an incoming water type, and deal a pretty nice chunk of damage.
~CRUNCH: This move is main for the three fairy / pixy leads (azelf, uxie, mesprit), as they can be killed in 2 hits. They are one of the most common leads in the UU meta-game, so crunch seemed like a logical choice
~EXTREME SPEED: This move is to use against any pokemon that is either weakened (if it survives that long) or for any pokemon that resists all the other three moves.

----------

WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] 352Kecleon
Kecleon@Leftovers WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Bag_Leftovers_Sprite
Nature: Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
Ability: Color Change (fuck yeah!)
Ev's: 216 HP / 40 Atk / 252 SpD
Moveset:

~Thunder Wave
~Recover
~Aqua Tail
~Fire Punch

Description:
Kecleon, the star of the show, and one of the most useful pokemon on my team. This guy cripples any choiced pokemon (mostly specs though) because of its ability, color change. Now, this set is only good in HG /SS, so be careful if you decide to use this version of it. 216 HP and 252 SpD are for almost max special wall, i needed the atk ev's so i could hit an opponent and hopefully break the sub. The first of my paralyzers
Move Description:
~THUNDER WAVE: Used for crippling the opponent, works well with recover too.
~RECOVER: A very important move as it allows me to recover damage. (no shit) After i t-wave the opponent, i usually recover to get back the damage, and i know that there is a good chance that they opponent will switch.
~FIRE PUNCH: Ummm, not really much to say. Fire punch and aqua tail just work as dual cover moves. The only problem is water types, but i can switch into sceptile.
~AQUA TAIL: Again, not much to say other than it works well with fire punch.

----------

WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] 210px-254Sceptile
Sceptile@Choice Specs WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Bag_Choice_Specs_Sprite
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
Ability: Overgrow
Ev's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Moveset:

~Dragon Pulse / Hidden Power {ice}
~Leaf Storm
~Focus Blast
~Energy Ball

Description:
This thing is amazing, especially its specs set. With its 105 base SpA and 120 Spe, coupled with its special move pool, makes this guy a force to reckon with. I usually bring him in if i know a t-bolt or any other move like that is coming, then just leaf storm the heck out of whatever switches in. The negative aspect of this set, is the switching out because of the SpA drop. That's why i need to get rid of all the spikers and the SRers before i can effectively use this guy.

Move Description:
~DRAGON PULSE / HIDDEN POWER ICE: The big controversy regarding this set is whether or not to use HP ice, or Dragon pulse. HP ice hits roserad and venesaur, two common switch-ins to sceptile, and both flying and dragon types. Dragon pulse hits dragons, but has better neutral coverage. I primarily go with HP ice, as it covers more, in my opinion.
~LEAF STORM: Best move on my team. Specs leaf storm does massive amounts of damage to any pokemon that doesnt resist it. (copy and pasted from smogon:) Damage Calculations with Timid Nature:
Leaf Storm vs. max HP / min SpD Porygon2 - 83.16% - 97.86%
Leaf Storm vs. min HP / min SpD Swellow - 98.47% - 116.09%
Leaf Storm vs. max HP / 136 SpD Steelix - 90.40% - 106.21%
Leaf Storm vs. max HP / max SpD Regirock in Sandstorm - 100%
Leaf Storm vs. max HP / max SpD Milotic - 100%
Leaf Storm vs. 4 HP / min SpD Torterra - 100%
Leaf Storm vs. 48 HP / min SpD Mismagius - 100%
Leaf Storm vs. 96 HP / max SpD Lapras - 100%

so, as you can see, this is the most devastating move on my team.
~FOCUS BLAST: Hits steels, and goes well with leaf storm
~ENERGY BALL: The other option to leaf storm. Provides constant STAB move.

----------

WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] 170px-160Feraligatr
Feraligatr@Leftovers WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Bag_Leftovers_Sprite
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Spe)
Ability: Torrent
Ev's: 166 HP / 176 Atk / 50 Def / 116 Spe
Moveset:

~Swords Dance
~Aqua Jet
~Earthquake
~Ice Punch

ALL CREDIT FOR THIS SET GOES TO GODZILA

Description:
Well, after looking around CAL, i noticed this guy on a team called: This is my story, by Godzilla, so i decided to test it out, and it worked perfectly. I like the bulkiness of this thing, because it almost guarantees a SD to get set up. Also, what would have killed a normal SD gator, now activates torrent, giving STAB aqua jet even more of a boost. Overall, i just love this thing.

Move Description:
~SWORDS DANCE:: The main move of this set. Boosts my attack... you'd have to be stupid not to know what this move is for.
~AQUA JET: Primarily my main move. It makes sure i get to attack my opponent, even a faster one, after my SD boost. Its also STABbed, so...
~EARTHQUAKE: Hits regis, and any other pokemon that resists water an ice.
~ICE PUNCH: Hits incoming flyers / grass types, and provides great coverage overall.

----------

WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] 190px-080Slowbro
Slowbro@Leftovers WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Bag_Leftovers_Sprite
Nature: Bold (+Def -Atk)
Ability: Own Tempo
Ev's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Moveset:

~Thunder Wave
~Slack Off
~Psychic
~Surf

Description:
[i]My physically defensive beast. This guy checks a lot of big offensive threats in UU such as Azumarill, Hariyama, Feraligatr, Hitmonlee, Hitmontop, physically based Arcanine, and Qwilfish, as well as cripple many threats to my team. This guy works well with kecleon as, they cover some of each other's weakness.[i]

Move Description:
~THUNDER WAVE: Cripples my opponents, allowing feraligatr to set up, and sceptile to sweep. Works well with Slack Off too.
~SLACK OFF: Slack Off is a great asset, the reliable recovery it provides allowing Slowbro to wall physical attackers all game long, and is what sets it apart from numerous other Water-types in UU. Many physical sweepers cannot do over 50% to Slowbro even with super effective attacks, meaning it has little trouble alternating between attacking and recovering to stall them out. (C+P from smogon, couldnt word it better. xD)
~SURF: Main STAB move, does a decent amount of damage to opponents. Not much to say
~PSYCHIC: It was a hard decision choosing psychic or ice beam, mainly because i was so worried about honchcrow, but after a couple tests, i realized he could be handled and out sped by sceptile.

----------

WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] 170px-232Donphan
Donphan@Leftovers WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Bag_Leftovers_Sprite
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Ability: Sturdy
Ev's: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Def
Moveset:

~Stealth Rocks
~Rapid Spin
~Earthquake
~Ice Shard

Description:
[i]The glue of my team. He sets up stealth rock, which is really helpful for my team, especially with kecleon's ability. He also, spins away and entry hazards, which is basically key to me winning. Sceptile, can freely switch in and out, leaf storming opponents to death. Also, his typing is key, because he absorbs electric moves aimed toward my two water types. Keeping him alive is mainly they key to victory.

Move Description:
~STEALTH ROCKS: As switch into an electric type, i automatically set up rocks if it is early in the game, because i dont know if they have a ghost type on their team.
~RAPID SPIN: The key move that i use. Gets away all entry hazards, allowing my pokemon (especially sceptile) to switch in and out as they please.
~EARTHQUAKE: Main attacking move. STABBED, which is good.
~ICE SHARD: The big question is whether or not to use assurance, or ice shard. Right now, im using ice shard to get some damage on honchrow, as it could be a threat to my team. Assurance is good though for taking out ghost types though....

Closing Remarks:
[i]So, this is my new UU team. Its doing fairly well on the ladder, but it could be better, so any and all criticism is greatly appreciated.

A Final Glance:
WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_b_g4_059 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_b_g4_352 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_b_g4_254
WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_b_g4_160 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_b_g4_080 WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] Spr_b_g4_232_m
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000076030980&ref=p
brawler1235

brawler1235

PostSubject: Re: WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT]   WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:37 pm

reserved for threat list
Back to top Go down
Zachattach9

Zachattach9

PostSubject: Re: WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT]   WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:14 pm

really, the only thing i would say u'd do is make feraligatr have a timid nature for more sweeping potential. i really don't know how well that kecleon is going to work, even in UU
Back to top Go down
SandslashPWNS

SandslashPWNS

PostSubject: Re: WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT]   WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:53 pm

Zachattach9 wrote:
really, the only thing i would say u'd do is make feraligatr have a timid nature for more sweeping potential. i really don't know how well that kecleon is going to work, even in UU

I'm sure you mean Jolly, not Timid. Jolly is (+Spe, -SpA). Timid is (+Spe, -Atk). I'd have to agree with him there.

As for Kecleon, I like it. Watch out for Trickers, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SandslashPWNS
Zachattach9

Zachattach9

PostSubject: Re: WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT]   WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:56 pm

yes tom, that is wat i meant. smart ass...
Back to top Go down
Imagine

Imagine

PostSubject: Re: WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT]   WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 5:18 am

Feraligatrs got enough speed as it already is. The defense certainly isn't bad. 2 SD Aqua Jet can OHKO a Gliscor without any trouble at all. And you have paralysis so no need for a jolly gatr.
Back to top Go down
brawler1235

brawler1235

PostSubject: Re: WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT]   WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 4:36 pm

☆AznFanese☆ wrote:
Feraligatrs got enough speed as it already is. The defense certainly isn't bad. 2 SD Aqua Jet can OHKO a Gliscor without any trouble at all. And you have paralysis so no need for a jolly gatr.

I dont know what your talking about. Feraligatr has a base 78 speed, so speed is absolutely necessary seeing as i dont have dragon dance to boost my speed.
About the OHKO a Gliscor. This is a UU team which means i wont be playing against a gliscor with this team.
Also, i dont always get paralysis up, so jolly is important
Back to top Go down
SandslashPWNS

SandslashPWNS

PostSubject: Re: WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT]   WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:01 pm

Dan just owned you! OHHHHH. xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SandslashPWNS
SKYZXSpirit

SKYZXSpirit

PostSubject: Re: WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT]   WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 9:24 pm

nice team i making a team wont even think that far.el oh el
Back to top Go down
Amphy

Amphy

PostSubject: Re: WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT]   WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:13 am

May I suggest a change on the Kecleon set?

240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Sp Def
Careful

Substitute
Recover
Sucker Punch
Focus Punch

I've tried this set out and it has proved much more useful than the one you are running.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AngryAmpharos
Imagine

Imagine

PostSubject: Re: WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT]   WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:36 pm

Did not Tom. You don't need speed on a gatr. A.J. has priority so speed really isn't REALLY neccisary but if you think you need it then go for it. And you can't be too sure about battling OU. Nobody said there was a rule if that you have a UU your oppenent must have UU. I was just simply stating that its possible to OHKO a gliscor. And if you really want run SubSalac or something. If you have Aqua Jet and you don't abuse it, then SD gatr is a complete useless fail. Might as well go with Petaya Emp or something. But oh noooo this is UU I forgot Emp is OU.
Back to top Go down
Imagine

Imagine

PostSubject: Re: WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT]   WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:38 pm

Man I was hoping that Breloom would go down to UU for whatever reason el oh el...And I find Lanturn pretty funny...better then slow bro on some occasions.
Back to top Go down
brawler1235

brawler1235

PostSubject: Re: WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT]   WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:57 pm

☆AznFanese☆ wrote:
Did not Tom. You don't need speed on a gatr. A.J. has priority so speed really isn't REALLY neccisary but if you think you need it then go for it. And you can't be too sure about battling OU. Nobody said there was a rule if that you have a UU your oppenent must have UU. I was just simply stating that its possible to OHKO a gliscor. And if you really want run SubSalac or something. If you have Aqua Jet and you don't abuse it, then SD gatr is a complete useless fail. Might as well go with Petaya Emp or something. But oh noooo this is UU I forgot Emp is OU.

Im keeping the speed. I really dont care if you argue or not, the speed stays. And about the UU thing, i use this team on the UU LADDER which means that there can be only UU and below. Oh and about the aqua jet thing, if i dont abuse it, it is not fail. Do you know how many bulky waters there are in UU? milotic, slowbro, blastoise, lanturn, quagsire, are the main ones, and they all resist aqua jet. I do use aqua jet right after i SD, but i just dont mindlessly use AJ every time, i use prediction too. And WTF are you trying to get at with this sub petaya emp? it is probably the farthest thing away from bulky SD gatr you can get. lmao

Amphy wrote:
May I suggest a change on the Kecleon set?

240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Sp Def
Careful

Substitute
Recover
Sucker Punch
Focus Punch

I've tried this set out and it has proved much more useful than the one you are running.

el oh el. i am running this set right know, i think i just changed up the EV's a bit. I just forgot to update the OP HAHA

Edit: el oh el after re-reading the OP, i realized that my gatr is adamant, so azn, i dont have a jolly gatr
Back to top Go down
Imagine

Imagine

PostSubject: Re: WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT]   WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 11:19 pm

Ya I know Dan el oh el But Sub Petaya isn't farthest away from a bulky SD gatr..Well..You could have a SD emp..but thats just el oh el. But yeah..the speed should stay that way..Jolly's better then adament...I mean you have SD to boost so its eh...el oh el and Sub Petaya is just basically rape if you pull it off...and so does SD emp..and SD gatr..and yeah...You should've told me you were using it on UU ladder -.-
Back to top Go down
W101P

W101P

PostSubject: Re: WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT]   WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 5:02 am

I Don't See A Jimmy31428 Link.........
Not Like I Need It
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TehW101P
SKYZXSpirit

SKYZXSpirit

PostSubject: Re: WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT]   WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:04 am

brawler may i ask how long did u think about this team?
Back to top Go down
brawler1235

brawler1235

PostSubject: Re: WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT]   WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 8:50 pm

☆AznFanese☆ wrote:
Ya I know Dan el oh el But Sub Petaya isn't farthest away from a bulky SD gatr..Well..You could have a SD emp..but thats just el oh el. But yeah..the speed should stay that way..Jolly's better then adament...I mean you have SD to boost so its eh...el oh el and Sub Petaya is just basically rape if you pull it off...and so does SD emp..and SD gatr..and yeah...You should've told me you were using it on UU ladder -.-

el oh el, now your just contradicting yourself. First, you said that the speed is not needed, and i shouldnt have a jolly gatr, but now your saying that jolly is better? el oh el. And, why did you even bring empoleon into this conversation? el oh el its like the farthest thing away from rating my team. And about the UU ladder part, whenever someone is posting a UU team, they almost always use it in UU el oh el.

SKYZXSpirit wrote:
brawler may i ask how long did u think about this team?
Took around 10-15 minitues to think of a solid team with synergy and the move sets
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT]   WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTH is that thing?? [UU RMT]
Page 1 of 1