SOS Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOS Brigade

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Sub to Sub proposal
Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:12 pm by MrDanGaming

» My youtube channel
Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:55 pm by MrDanGaming

» What Pokemon Type Duo do you think is best
Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:42 pm by NintendJoshz

» I need a little help...
Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:21 am by Philip2702

» One Pokemon
Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:29 am by Philip2702

» Whats Your Favorite Pokemon Game
Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:44 pm by Philip2702

» What is your favorite Gym Leader of all time?
Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:00 pm by NintendJoshz

» MO or Poke Cinema?
Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:02 am by crystalisk

» can anyone find me a Sonic Adventure 2 rom
Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm by Shawnroxxx99

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Legend Genesis [OU RMT]

Go down 
+2
Cymaratech
Amphy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Amphy

Amphy

Legend Genesis [OU RMT] Empty
PostSubject: Legend Genesis [OU RMT]   Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 6:59 pm

Introduction
Hello ladies and gentlemen, raters and haters, and welcome to my new RMT. I was making a new team, and Chover (Cymaratechoverdragon) wanted to make one too, so we decided to work together on it. And so Legend Genesis began. It turned out to be a one of my best teams ever, and so I decided to post it here to show it, and, more importantly, improve it. Although this team is good, it's not perfect, and with your help this team could become something truly amazing. That's why I'm posting here, obviously, so go ahead and rate or hate!

Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 2h5tgjl

The Team

Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 376

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 232 HP/252 Atk/24 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Rockless lead Metagross is such a beast. It barely loses to any of the common leads, and usually goes on to KOing 2 or 3 Pokemon before going boom at the end. Iron Head is for a powerful STAB, and the occasional flinch hax, EQ is for coverage, Bullet Punch is for finishing of weakened Pokemon, especially if they are sashed like Azelf or Aerodactyl. Explosion is a last ditch attempt move, or against Swamper or Gliscor leads. This is how it handles the top 10 most common leads:

1. Azelf - Iron Head, Bullet Punch
2. Metagross - 2 EQs
3. Swampert - Explosion
4. Jirachi - 2 EQs
5. Aerodactyl - Iron Head, Bullet Punch
6. Infernape - EQ, Bullet Punch
7. Roserade - Iron Head, if it doesn't miss Bullet Punch next turn. If you go to sleep yo lose.
8. Heatran - 2 EQs
9. Tyranitar - 2 EQs
10. Gliscor - Explode

Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 134
Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Surf
- Protect
- Ice Beam

Vaporeon here is a very important member of Legend Genesis. He has access to Wish, which helps keep the entire team alive, as none of the rest have any sort of recovery move. It also has enough bulk to take a lot of hits for the team, and can can usually check a lot of Pokemon, while healing the rest of the team. Ice Beam used to be Hidden Power Electric, but after alot of play testing I found Ice Beam to be more useful. Wish is for healing, Protect is to guarantee the heal and to scout out the opponents moves (especially Pokemon that I know are choiced) and Surf and Ice Beam are the standard bulky water attcaks.

Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 479-cut
Rotom-c @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/72 Def/88 Spd/96 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Will-o-wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Rotom and Vaporeon for the defensive core of Legend Genesis. It is used to cripple physical attackers and fire off powerful attacks to weaken the opponents team. Will-O-Wisp cripples so many Pokemon like Lucario and Salamence who use physical attacks and stops them from pulling off sweeps. Leaf Storm is there for the kill against Swampert and just raw Power, while Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt are for two STAB attacks, and alot of coverage, all (if I'm not mistaken) of OU for at least neutral damage.

Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 472
Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 128 HP/128 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

This was a set SandslashPWNS suggested because we needed a Pokemon to both check Lucario, and set up Stealth Rocks. I had no idea he would also prove to be a deadly late game sweeper. He is bulky, reasonably fast, and a hard hitter, especially after a Swords Dance or two. Stealth Rocks are useful for every team, Swords Dance allows EQ and Stone Edge hit harder. Both of those two moves are there for coverage (and STAB on EQ) and cause a lot to an unprepared team.

Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 380
Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Trick

Latias is a devastating force, a hole puncher, a revenge killer, and a crippler all in one. What else can you ask for in one Pokemon? This used to be a Scarf Flygon, but we were having problems against Suicune so I thought that we should at least try Latias, and she has been amazing. Draco Meteor does massive damage, Thunderbolt and Surf are for coverage, and Trick helps against set up Pokes such as Suicune and CM Latias.

Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 448
Lucario (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Aura Sphere
- Vacuum Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

This Lucario is the core of Legend Genesis. I thought of him, because his Special attacking potential seems unnoticed, which is quite shocking seeing as how he is able to 2KO Blissey with Aura Sphere, (with Stealth Rocks support) which is a special move. Alot of the time you can just sweep weakened teams just using that move. Vacuum Wave is for Priority, HP Ice is for dragons and Shadow Ball is for those pesky Rotom-As who all seem to think that it's physical.

Team Building Process

Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 376

When we began, Chover wanted to try out Rockless lead Metagross. I compiled.

Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 376Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 448

We needed to pick a core, so I suggested Specs Luke because I rarely see any in battles anymore.

Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 376Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 448Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 330

Both members had a Fire and Ground resistance. And neither were that fast, so to nullify this problem, I suggested ScarfGon.

Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 376Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 448Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 330Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 479

As the metagame is physically based, and because of it's great defensive stats, Rotom-c was chosen to join the team.

Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 376Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 448Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 330Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 479Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 472

We needed a reliable Pokemon to set up Rocks, so SandslashPWNS gave us this Gliscor set to try out.

Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 376Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 448Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 330Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 479Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 472Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 134

It was here I noticed two things. We had no water resist or way of healing. We saw that as a problem, so Vappy took up the final place in Legend Genesis.

Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 376Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 448Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 380Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 479Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 472Legend Genesis [OU RMT] 134

While testing, I noticed Suicune was a problem. Earlier we had a debate about if we should use Latias over Flygon, so I figured might as well give it a try.

Threat List

Abomasnow: Lucario, Metagross, usually Latias.

Aerodactyl: Never seen one outside the lead position. See Metagross to see how to handle it.

Azelf: Metagross beats the leads.

Blissey: Lucario 2KOs, Metagross.

Breloom: This is sometimes a problem, if they come in at the right time, like against Vappy. If I have a statused Pokemon, I just switch into that instead.

Bronzong: It can be annoying, as I have no fire moves, but Latias and Lucario can do a lot of damage to it and Rotom takes Explosion.

Celebi: Rotom, Latias, Lucario sometimes.

Cresselia: They can be a bit annoying, but they can be dealt with by Metagross, Rotom and Lucario (the last 2 by Shaodw Ball's special defence drops.)

Dragonite: Latias, Vaporeon, Metagross

Dugtrio: el oh el.

Flygon: Meta can come in on Outrages, Lucario when Flygon is low on health, and Latias always.

Forretress: Lucario has OHKOed these with Aura Sphere before, Rotom can wall it

Gengar: Gliscor, Latias

Gliscor: Vaporeon, Latias

Gyarados: Latias, Rotom

Heatran: Vaporeon, Rotom can take Explosions if I don't want to risk protecting predicting Explosion.

Heracross: Gliscor, Rotom

Hippowdon: Latias, Vaporeon

Infernape: Vaporeon and Latias. It can be an issue due to it's huge variety of movesets.

Jirachi: Latias can take the Tricked Scarf, Gliscor, Rotom

Jolteon: Gliscor against Specs Jolteon, Latias

Kingdra: Vaporeon, Latias (without a sub up), Lucario if it's locked into a dragon move.

Latias: My Latias is Timid, so it has at least a 50% chance of out speeding other max speed scarfers. It can also Trick away it's scarf onto the opponents CM Latias.

Lucario: Gliscor, Rotom is it doesn't carry Crunch.

Machamp: Rotom, Gliscor if it is choiced.

Magnezone: Gliscor, when weakened Latias. It is a major threat.

Mamoswine: Rotom, Vaporeon

Metagross: Rotom, Vaporeon, Gliscor, Latias can kill weakened ones.

Porygon-Z: Rotom, Lucario

Raikou: Metagross, Gliscor

Rhyperior: Gliscor, Vaporeon, Rotom

Rotom-A: Lucario, Rotom sometimes, Latias is it's weakened.

Salamence: Latias, Vaporeon

Scizor: Rotom, Vaporeon, Gliscor maybe.

Skarmory: Latias, Rotom, Maybe Lucario

Snorlax: Lucario, Latias can trick a scarf, Metagross

Starmie: Rotom, Latias

Suicune: It needs a group effort to kill this thing. Usually I trick a Scarf onto it with Latias, if it locks itself into Surf Vappy walls it. Rotom walls HP Electric, and Vappy walls Ice Beam.

Swampert: Latias tricks it a scarf, or it's just killed by raw power from the entire team.

Togekiss: Vaporeon, Rotom, Metagross

Tyranitar: Metagross, Lucario, Gliscor, Vaporeon maybe

Zapdos: Rotom, Latias can take weakened ones, and Gliscor can take the ones without HP Ice.

Entry Hazard Information

-0 Stealth Rocks weak Pokemon
-1 Pokemon affected by Toxic Spikes (Vaporeon)
-3 Affected by Spikes (Vaporeon, Metagross, Lucario)

Final Words

There isn't too much left to say here to be honest, but keep in mind I'm still doing stuff here, it's just I've gotten sick of typing and will probably finish this up tommorow. Thanks and bye.

Last edited by Amphy on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:07 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AngryAmpharos
Cymaratech

Cymaratech

PostSubject: Re: Legend Genesis [OU RMT]   Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Someone is gonna steal this shit XD
Back to top Go down
Findows⁷

Findows⁷

Characters
CLASS: Good Guy
HP:
Legend Genesis [OU RMT] Left_bar_bleue69/69Legend Genesis [OU RMT] Empty_bar_bleue  (69/69)
Tribe: Steelie

PostSubject: Re: Legend Genesis [OU RMT]   Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 7:05 pm

shuca>occa imo but i guess that would give you no counter vs heatran
Why Ironhead? I'd do meteor, power offsets the hit rate imo.
Back to top Go down
https://sosbrigade.forummotion.com
Amphy

Amphy

PostSubject: Re: Legend Genesis [OU RMT]   Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 7:09 pm

Fin² wrote:
shuca>occa imo but i guess that would give you no counter vs heatran
Why Ironhead? I'd do meteor, power offsets the hit rate imo.

Because the Power difference doesn't turn any 2/3KOs into 1/2KOs, and the imprefect accuracy is a turn off. Plus I like the chance to flinch.
Most Heatran leads I've faced set up rocks first turn, so I can 2 KO with EQ.
Back to top Go down
Hunter2385

Hunter2385

PostSubject: Re: Legend Genesis [OU RMT]   Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 7:39 pm

This team screams "OU Spammer. Watch the f**k out. I'm going to win"

Hmm. Not much can penetrate this..
What's the plan against a Subseeder?

And also, Shuca over Occa. Through experience I can say it helps a lot more.
Back to top Go down
SandslashPWNS

SandslashPWNS

PostSubject: Re: Legend Genesis [OU RMT]   Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:24 pm

Glad I convinced you guys to use Latias. It just seemed like the superior choice. Great team I see here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SandslashPWNS
Ciaran

Ciaran

PostSubject: Re: Legend Genesis [OU RMT]   Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:42 am

Just saying, no lead's EQ OHKOs Metagross bar Adamant/LO Mamowsine's while almost all fire moves OHKO. He beats all EQing leads without the Shuca, but without the Occa he wouldn't beat Ape or Tran.

Occa > Shuca.

I'd use Roost or Taunt on Gliscor in place of SD. Or both in place of Stone Edge AND SD, since you're massively Stall weak atm, even with one Trick-er. Taunt would be soooo helpful to you.
Back to top Go down
http://crazyamazingleague.com
Amphy

Amphy

PostSubject: Re: Legend Genesis [OU RMT]   Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:33 am

Hunter2385 wrote:
This team screams "OU Spammer. Watch the f**k out. I'm going to win"

Hmm. Not much can penetrate this..
What's the plan against a Subseeder?

And also, Shuca over Occa. Through experience I can say it helps a lot more.

That can be a small problem, but I don't see too may sub seeders any more.

SandslashPWNS wrote:
Glad I convinced you guys to use Latias. It just seemed like the superior choice. Great team I see here.

Heh, I wasn't sure which, I just figured I should give them both a try.

Ciaran wrote:
Just saying, no lead's EQ OHKOs Metagross bar Adamant/LO Mamowsine's while almost all fire moves OHKO. He beats all EQing leads without the Shuca, but without the Occa he wouldn't beat Ape or Tran.

Occa > Shuca.

I'd use Roost or Taunt on Gliscor in place of SD. Or both in place of Stone Edge AND SD, since you're massively Stall weak atm, even with one Trick-er. Taunt would be soooo helpful to you.

Thanks for explaining that, I'll test your changes.
Back to top Go down
Amphy

Amphy

PostSubject: Re: Legend Genesis [OU RMT]   Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:44 am

Added in Threat List, and Entery Hazards Sections.
Back to top Go down
Amphy

Amphy

PostSubject: Re: Legend Genesis [OU RMT]   Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:24 am

Wait, when did this get moved to the Archives?
Back to top Go down
SandslashPWNS

SandslashPWNS

PostSubject: Re: Legend Genesis [OU RMT]   Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:29 am

When I was smart enough to suggest it. :P
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SandslashPWNS
Amphy

Amphy

PostSubject: Re: Legend Genesis [OU RMT]   Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:38 pm

SandslashPWNS wrote:
When I was smart enough to suggest it. :P

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legend Genesis [OU RMT]   Legend Genesis [OU RMT] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legend Genesis [OU RMT]
Page 1 of 1