SOS Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOS Brigade

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Sub to Sub proposal
Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:12 pm by MrDanGaming

» My youtube channel
Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:55 pm by MrDanGaming

» What Pokemon Type Duo do you think is best
Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:42 pm by NintendJoshz

» I need a little help...
Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235 I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:21 am by Philip2702

» One Pokemon
Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235 I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:29 am by Philip2702

» Whats Your Favorite Pokemon Game
Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235 I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:44 pm by Philip2702

» What is your favorite Gym Leader of all time?
Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:00 pm by NintendJoshz

» MO or Poke Cinema?
Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:02 am by crystalisk

» can anyone find me a Sonic Adventure 2 rom
Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm by Shawnroxxx99

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
brawler1235

brawler1235

Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235 Empty
PostSubject: Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235   Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:03 pm

Okay, this is for anyone who doesn't currantly have shoddy, or anyone who wants to learn more about shoddy.

---

Getting Started:

First thing's first. What is shoddy battle?

Shoddy battle is a competative battling simulator that creates the expirience of an actual Wi-Fi battle, without the hassle of Wi-Fi.

First, download shoddy here: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads

For some people, the shoddy program will ask for a program to open with it and chances are, people will not have the right program to open it with. The type of java is the one that yo can download to the website. (this info is brought to you by dragonofeternity)

If the shoddy download doesn't work, download the java program also available on the shoddy website.

It is harmless (in my experience) to download and will will the shoddy program if you open it with the javas program.

After you download it, open up the application, and a bunch of servers will appear. Example: Smogon, experteserver

Double click on any server you want to join ( preferably experte, becasue that is what most of the users here use)

After double clicking on the server, a welcome screen should appear. Find the "register" tab. Simply type in your username and password, and, Voila! you are now regestered on shoddy battle!

---

Making A Team:

Now that you have registered on shoddy, it is time for you too make your team.

First, go to file, then "new team"

In here, you can use whatever combination of 6 pokemon you want.

To create a pokemon, first you have to select the name of the pokemon you wish to use. After selecting your pokemon, you now have acess to a whole variety of moves.

TO pick a move, simply find the move ( listed in apphabetical order) and click the check box.But you can only select 4 moves.

To make your pokemon stronger, you need to add Effort Values, or Ev's.

To use ev's you have to type in the amount of Ev's you want, but it cant be over 252 per stat. Example:i cant have 500 ev's in Atack
All of your ev's have to add up to 510 total. So it is important to choose wisely.

Next, we move onto item, and nature. To choose your desired nature/item, simply scroll down until you find it.

Now, onto cahllenging and battling.

---

Challenging and Battling an Opponent:

Okay, so now that you have vreated your team ,you are now ready to challenge an opponent.

To challenge an opponent, simply find his/her username, right click, and press challenge.

A menu should appear saying: "Build Team," Load Team," Challenge," "Cancel"

First choose "Load team" and scroll until you find your desired team. Double click on it. Then choose what caluses you would like. (if you are using experteserver, just check the first box.

Then click "challenge". If the user accepts, then you are in your very first battle!

---

Battling Options:

When you first enter a battle, you will notice that 1/3 of the screen has a box on it. This is what tells you what happens through out the game.

Your options are to either, fight, switch, or chat.

In fight, you can choose what moves you want to use. In switch, you can switch your pokemon. In chat, you can chat with your opponent.

---

How the ladders work:

You may notice there is a 3rd tab on the main screen labeled "Find" This is how you use the ladders.

The ladders is a way of fighting a random opponent and earning getting up the ranks as a player. IF you win, you gain points, if you lose you lose points. (note, this is much better on the Smogon server)

---

That's it for now! And i'll be seeing YOU on shoddy.

Peace

brawler1235

Last edited by brawler1235 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000076030980&ref=p

PostSubject: Re: Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235   Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 1:53 pm

thanks 4 telling me that because i going 2 do it very soon! :D

hey there guys and some girls over there! did you people want to join in the fun just click here and i will pop out automatically but don`t just click here @ this website!

http://superskarmory.forumotion.net/forum.htm

DON`T READ THIS STUPID FOOLS! UNLESS YOU PPL WANT U GET FUCKED BY ME!
Back to top Go down
Dragon of Eternity

Dragon of Eternity

PostSubject: Re: Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235   Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:28 pm

Here's a vital piece of info you should add:

For some people, the shoddy program will ask for a program to open with it and chances are, people will not have the right program to open it with.

If the shoddy download doesn't work, download the java program also available on the shoddy website.

It is harmless (in my experience) to download and will will the shoddy program if you open it with the javas program.
Back to top Go down
brawler1235

brawler1235

PostSubject: Re: Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235   Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:37 pm

Dragon of Eternity wrote:

For some people, the shoddy program will ask for a program to open with it and chances are, people will not have the right program to open it with.

Thank you (do you mind if i copy and paste it?)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000076030980&ref=p

PostSubject: Re: Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235   Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:45 am

brawler1235 wrote:

i think u should do copy and paste to give more exttar infos! :afro:

hey there guys and some girls over there! did you people want to join in the fun just click here and i will pop out automatically but don`t just click here @ this website!

http://superskarmory.forumotion.net/forum.htm

DON`T READ THIS STUPID FOOLS! UNLESS YOU PPL WANT U GET FUCKED BY ME!
Back to top Go down
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

PostSubject: Re: Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235   Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:50 am

brawler1235 wrote:

You should also be more specific, it is Java 6 is the least you can have.

I don't mind if you copy and paste that. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Dragon of Eternity

Dragon of Eternity

PostSubject: Re: Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235   Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 7:46 am

Go ahead and copy/paste it, just give credit for info.

The type of Java is just the one available to download from the website.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235   Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guide to using Shoddy Battle by brawler1235
Page 1 of 1