SOS Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOS Brigade

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Sub to Sub proposal
Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:12 pm by MrDanGaming

» My youtube channel
Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:55 pm by MrDanGaming

» What Pokemon Type Duo do you think is best
Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:42 pm by NintendJoshz

» I need a little help...
Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:21 am by Philip2702

» One Pokemon
Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:29 am by Philip2702

» Whats Your Favorite Pokemon Game
Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:44 pm by Philip2702

» What is your favorite Gym Leader of all time?
Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:00 pm by NintendJoshz

» MO or Poke Cinema?
Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:02 am by crystalisk

» can anyone find me a Sonic Adventure 2 rom
Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm by Shawnroxxx99

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Rate My Team Guidelines

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pokefan362

Pokefan362

Rate My Team Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Rate My Team Guidelines   Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:34 pm

I'm not naming names, but some of the teams in the RMT Forums have bad presentation. Whether it be useless, one-line descriptions or obvious lack of effort or strategy within the team, the quality of the RMTs here are some of the worst I have seen. To correct, this I will post a rant that will hopefully motivate Team Posters to put more effort into their rates, and to help Team Raters become better. I am by no means an expert rater or poster, but I feel that I am more than decent enough to be giving a lecture about proper RMT Guidelines.
------------------------------------------------

The Rate My Team forum is the forum for people that want to get their teams rated by other members of the community. However, simply posting your team is not enough. A team should have excellent presentation. Here are some guidelines you should follow when posting a Rate My Team:

-Decorate your posts. Use pretty pictures, colors, and fonts. They show the amount of work you put into making your RMT. Sprites can be taken from http://pokemonelite2000.com/. Beautiful piece of original artwork can be found at http://arkeis.com/.

-Use proper formatting. EV Spreads, natures, items, and movesets make the Pokemon. We cannot rate a team that simply consists of Swampert, Jirachi, Togekiss, Porygon2, Latias, and Gyarados. Here's a good format to use:

Pokemon@Item
Nature:
Ability:
EVs:
-Move 1
-Move 2
-Move 3
-Move 4

Description:

-BE DESCRIPTIVE! I am sick of seeing pointless, one-line posts. If your descriptions consist of things like "PARAFLINCH=DEATH", "Special Sweeper" or "Close Combat can hit Steel, Rock, and Normal types", then is is inadequate. The above quotes tell us absolutely nothing we cannot deduce just from looking at the moveset. Tell us what each member contributes to your team instead of explaining move functions and general roles. Here's an example of a proper description: "I am using a Choice Scarf Latias because my team is swept by common Dragon Dancers like Gyarados and Salamence, who can easily set up on my other Choicers, so I need a reliable way to revenge kill them. Latias also functions very well with my Magnezone, who covers her weaknesses perfectly and disposes of Steels who stop her from spamming powerful Draco Meteors". As you can see, the above post clearly explains what Latias contributes to the team. If you cannot write a few decent sentences about each of your Pokemon, then play some more with them. Figure out what each Pokemon contributes to your overall strategy, and find out if there is another Pokemon that would fill a certain spot better. Be sure that you do not leave gaping weaknesses in your team: You want something that can win consistently.

And now, here's a paragraph for Team Raters to keep in mind when rating other people's teams.

-Complete your rates, and back them up with reasons. You would not believe how many people I've seen just says "You are Luke weak" or "You are Gyara weak" and leave it at that. Give the team builder a good solution to their problems. Here's an example: "Your team is very weak to a Swords Dance Lucario, who can easily come in on your Choice Band Tyranitar and proceed to sweep your whole team. To correct this problem, remove Dusknoir from this team. All he usually does is block Rapid Spin and spread burn, which your Rotom already does well enough. Use a MixRachi in his place. In addition to stopping Lucario, Jirachi also lures in and defeats Swampert, which is a huge threat to your team. Besides, the Heatran and Gyarados that plague MixRachi is easily dealt with by your Tyranitar and Rotom". If you cannot back up your post with reasons, you are not cut out to be rating a team. In which case, a simple compliment or comment would do.

Last edited by Pokefan362 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
brawler1235

brawler1235

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team Guidelines   Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:37 pm

Didn't steel already post something like this?But anyways, good job! Poeple here really need this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000076030980&ref=p
Pokefan362

Pokefan362

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team Guidelines   Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:40 pm

He, in fact, DID post something like this. I just went into a lot more detail.
Back to top Go down
brawler1235

brawler1235

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team Guidelines   Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:43 pm

Also,i hate when people just slap around 6 random pokemon and copy off of smogon's first moveset choice. It really pisses me off!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000076030980&ref=p
Pokefan362

Pokefan362

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team Guidelines   Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:44 pm

Agreed. People should be thinking about why the sets work, and how each Pokemon contributes a certain overall goal rather than just slapping 6 good, individual Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
ST

ST

Characters
CLASS: Redneck
HP:
Rate My Team Guidelines Left_bar_bleue69/69Rate My Team Guidelines Empty_bar_bleue  (69/69)
Tribe: Steelie

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team Guidelines   Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:54 pm

meh me too :P
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperSpecialTrainer
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team Guidelines   Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:22 pm

I love my movesets, I don't always agree with Smogon, but the only Pokemon I can think of that you have to use a Smogon set is Areodactyl.
Back to top Go down
Pokefan362

Pokefan362

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team Guidelines   Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 10:18 pm

Bumping this.
Back to top Go down
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team Guidelines   Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:36 am

I will too.
Back to top Go down
Pokefan362

Pokefan362

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team Guidelines   Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:45 am

Bump the other one next time please? It's much more in-depth
Back to top Go down
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team Guidelines   Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:58 am

Pokefan362 wrote:
Bump the other one next time please? It's much more in-depth

I will.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate My Team Guidelines   Rate My Team Guidelines I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate My Team Guidelines
Page 1 of 1