SOS Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOS Brigade

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Sub to Sub proposal
CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:12 pm by MrDanGaming

» My youtube channel
CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:55 pm by MrDanGaming

» What Pokemon Type Duo do you think is best
CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:42 pm by NintendJoshz

» I need a little help...
CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:21 am by Philip2702

» One Pokemon
CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:29 am by Philip2702

» Whats Your Favorite Pokemon Game
CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:44 pm by Philip2702

» What is your favorite Gym Leader of all time?
CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:00 pm by NintendJoshz

» MO or Poke Cinema?
CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:02 am by crystalisk

» can anyone find me a Sonic Adventure 2 rom
CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm by Shawnroxxx99

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED!

Go down 
+2
ST
Ciaran
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciaran

Ciaran

CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! Empty
PostSubject: CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED!   CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:52 pm

A wise man once said:

"It takes two to make a thing go right, it takes two to make it outta sight."

CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! 23to1nb

That certainly rings true in this tournament! Hello, everybody, and welcome to the CAL Build n' Battle! In this tourney, players will join forces to climb the ranks--one will act as the team builder while the other plays the matches. Only through close cooperation will a pair emerge victorious...

Here's how this will work. You'll pick a partner and enter the competition (come up with team names if you like). Every round, one of you must build a team from scratch, and your partner must battle with it. Some rules/things to note:

• The tournament will be played in the OU tier.
  • You can change who builds and who battles each round--you aren't locked into your first selection.
  • Team Builders may not collaborate with anyone when building their teams.
  • Battlers must play with the exact team they received from their Team Builder--nothing may be changed.
  • Each pair must build a new team every round, and a minimum of 3 Pokemon must be changed from team to team. This rule exists to help prevent people from recycling concepts and to ensure new teams are being created. (NOTE: This doesn't mean you can swap three out after Round 1 and swap those same three back in after Round 2. They need to be genuinely new teams. We'll know if they aren't because you're PMing them to us--read below.)
  • Team Builders must PM a copy of their team to both their partner and an admin (I'll specify which ones after we finish sign-ups, also not Marriland Admins. CAL Admins.) at the start of each round. When PMing teams to both of these people, don't send anything but the shoddy text. Team Builders cannot coach the Battler or explain anything about the team--that's for them to figure out. (Don't worry about the admins seeing your teams; we'll work it out so you won't be PMing someone you're battling, and since we're making new teams each round, there shouldn't be any problems.)
  • The PMs should occur on CAL, which has a link posted thrice in this topic and once in my signature. If you are unable to join PM me here and we will figure out the situation.

As always, Standard League Rules apply in all matches. The tournament is single elimination, and will be held on the Smogon server of Shoddybattle. We're looking for 16 teams, 32 players total. Sign-ups will begin on Monday, July 13 and continue through Tuesday, July 28, unless they fill up before then. Both players on a team must post here to confirm their pairing. Additionally, if you'd like to sign up but don't have a partner, you can register as a Free Agent. We'll put you with somebody else before the tournament starts. Anyways, this is sure to be a lot of fun, so make sure you sign up before it's two late! (Yes, that was a miserable pun. I'm Copy+Pasting this, don't crucify me).

Sign-ups:

Team 1: Ciaran (Gabo) + Kiryoku
Team 2: Enzo3254 + Fallen_Angel
Team 3: Mr. Whiscash + Cinoxmid
Team 4: Rhinosaur + naughty blissey
Team 5: UltimaLink007 + Elevator Music (Diamondplayer44)
Team 6: Kennisiou + MajeSan
Team 7: Hoboz + Rob_West
Team 8: Panamaxis + El Blecko
Team 9: astrith + jujumaster4
Team 10: Rpgfan1994 + HNTPG
Team 11: Pokefan362 + Mr. Irrelevant
Team 12: Vashta (ThePokemonDynasty) + krewbro
Team 13: Rofl Copter + Delta_2777
Team 14: HorseDude + Legendary_07
Team 15: Videogamefool + PrimalD
Team 16: brawler1235 + DI2agon

Last edited by Ciaran on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:41 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://crazyamazingleague.com
ST

ST

Characters
CLASS: Redneck
HP:
CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! Left_bar_bleue69/69CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! Empty_bar_bleue  (69/69)
Tribe: Steelie

PostSubject: Re: CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED!   CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 7:20 am

I would be interested but it depends on when the tourney starts i wont be able to participate if it started before August 8th.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperSpecialTrainer
HNTPG

HNTPG

PostSubject: Re: CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED!   CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 10:49 am

Do we pm who we want to be with (if they already asked us) or should we just say it here
Back to top Go down
http://http:/www.youtube.com/hownottoplaygames
brawler1235

brawler1235

PostSubject: Re: CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED!   CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:52 am

So, to be clear, you CANNOT work with your partner on your team? But anyways, i'd like to join. If its not too much to ask, can i be paired up with someone from the SOS brigade?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000076030980&ref=p
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

PostSubject: Re: CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED!   CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 5:24 pm

Bah, I will join too......If dan wants too, we can be partners.
Back to top Go down
Ciaran

Ciaran

PostSubject: Re: CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED!   CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:59 pm

Allow me to clarify things.

-The partners post their entry HERE.
-The tourney starts before August 8th
-You may NOT work with your partner on the team.
-If you are signed up as a FreeAgent we will assign you another one on your team, if you don't want that find someone to pair with specifically.
Back to top Go down
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

PostSubject: Re: CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED!   CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 9:33 pm

Fine, I am a free agent. >_>
Back to top Go down
HNTPG

HNTPG

PostSubject: Re: CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED!   CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:40 pm

Rpgfan1994 wrote:

So much for partnering with me
Back to top Go down
http://http:/www.youtube.com/hownottoplaygames
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

PostSubject: Re: CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED!   CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:55 pm

HNTPG wrote:
Rpgfan1994 wrote:

So much for partnering with me

Yay, Alright, I am partners with TP.
Back to top Go down
Big Tex

PostSubject: Re: CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED!   CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 6:05 pm

I'll be a free agent.
Back to top Go down
http://texinima.freeforums.org/
Ciaran

Ciaran

PostSubject: Re: CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED!   CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:16 pm

Good Luck, everyone.
Back to top Go down
brawler1235

brawler1235

PostSubject: Re: CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED!   CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 12:42 pm

how come im not in?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000076030980&ref=p
Ciaran

Ciaran

PostSubject: Re: CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED!   CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:24 pm

brawler1235 wrote:
how come im not in?
...I missed that part of your post. Shit. I'm sorry, brawler, I jumped to the questions and missed your post entirely. I can't edit the bracket, but I hope you don't take it personally. I'm truly sorry...
Back to top Go down
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

PostSubject: Re: CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED!   CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:34 pm

Ciaran wrote:
brawler1235 wrote:
how come im not in?
...I missed that part of your post. Shit. I'm sorry, brawler, I jumped to the questions and missed your post entirely. I can't edit the bracket, but I hope you don't take it personally. I'm truly sorry...

If it is alright with you, and Lee Brawler can take my spot, he posted before me.
Back to top Go down
Ciaran

Ciaran

PostSubject: Re: CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED!   CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:44 pm

Rpgfan1994 wrote:
Ciaran wrote:
brawler1235 wrote:
how come im not in?

If it is alright with you, and Lee Brawler can take my spot, he posted before me.
A SOLUTION HAS BEEN FOUND. NOW SOMEONE CLOSE OR DELETE THIS TOPIC! :D

From now on post in the topic where the matches are posted. kthxbai.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED!   CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAL presents... The Build n' Battle Tournament! SIGN UPS CLOSED!
Page 1 of 1