SOS Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOS Brigade

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Sub to Sub proposal
Anti-Lead Zapdos I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:12 pm by MrDanGaming

» My youtube channel
Anti-Lead Zapdos I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:55 pm by MrDanGaming

» What Pokemon Type Duo do you think is best
Anti-Lead Zapdos I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:42 pm by NintendJoshz

» I need a little help...
Anti-Lead Zapdos I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:21 am by Philip2702

» One Pokemon
Anti-Lead Zapdos I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:29 am by Philip2702

» Whats Your Favorite Pokemon Game
Anti-Lead Zapdos I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:44 pm by Philip2702

» What is your favorite Gym Leader of all time?
Anti-Lead Zapdos I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:00 pm by NintendJoshz

» MO or Poke Cinema?
Anti-Lead Zapdos I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:02 am by crystalisk

» can anyone find me a Sonic Adventure 2 rom
Anti-Lead Zapdos I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm by Shawnroxxx99

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Anti-Lead Zapdos

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
brawler1235

brawler1235

Anti-Lead Zapdos Empty
PostSubject: Anti-Lead Zapdos   Anti-Lead Zapdos I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Anti-Lead Zapdos 210px-145Zapdos

Zapdos - Anti-Lead
Zapdos @ Life Orb / Leftovers
IV's: MaxNature: Timid
EV's: 64Hp, 88Def, 180SpA, 176Spe
Nature: Timid
Ability: Pressure

Thunderbolt
Heat Wave
Hidden Power Grass / Ice
U-turn

Description: This set works wonders as an anti-lead, hitting many of the common leads for super-effective attacks. With its great base 125 SpA and 100 Spe, zados is definitely a force to be reckoned with as a lead. Thunderbolt is obvious STAB and primarily your main attack. Heat wave is for mainly for bronzong and celebi (mostly brongzong), and any other pokemon weak to fire. I slapped on HP grass when swampert was one of the most popular leads in the metagame; but now, its mainly there to complete the coverage. HP ice is for the rising amount of dragonite leads that are popping up nowadays. Now, you might be thinking, what is U-turn doing on a specially based pokemon? Well, u-turn is the ultimate scouting move. If there is a pokemon that you know you need dead that comes out early in the battle, or if you find yourself in a situation you dont like, u-turn is a great way to help you out of that situation. It also hits roserade without breaking its sash and you dont get hit by sleep powder.

The ev's were very tricky to come up with. First off, 64 HP allows it to come into stealth rocks 5 times, which is very, very useful. 176 speed ev's with timid nature allow you to outspeed max speed lead roserade, which is very helpful as well. The rest of the ev's can be distributed as you please, but this is the set that i run. The nature is timid because zapdos doesnt really need the boost in attack as u-turn is only meant for a scouting move. The item is all up to your personal preference. If you want to inflict more damage as fast as you can, choose life orb. If you want zapdos to survive longer, then choose leftovers. I personally have leftovers, but life orb works great too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000076030980&ref=p
Tsutanai

Tsutanai

Anti-Lead Zapdos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Lead Zapdos   Anti-Lead Zapdos I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 6:38 pm

This looks like a generic competitive zapdos with U-turn and EVs that seem like a combination of both offensive and defensive sets. Neat Idea though!
Back to top Go down
brawler1235

brawler1235

Anti-Lead Zapdos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Lead Zapdos   Anti-Lead Zapdos I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 6:42 pm

Tsutanai wrote:
This looks like a generic competitive zapdos with U-turn and EVs that seem like a combination of both offensive and defensive sets. Neat Idea though!

I guess, custom ev's and use it as a lead. I think that counts as creative? xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000076030980&ref=p
SandslashPWNS

SandslashPWNS

Anti-Lead Zapdos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Lead Zapdos   Anti-Lead Zapdos I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 6:52 pm

Great job, Dan. I would include Lum Berry as a choice. The reason being so it successfully beats Roserade. Without it, you're forced to U-Turn, or hit it to its sash with Heat Wave and get put to sleep. That's just my opinion, however.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SandslashPWNS
Sponsored content

Anti-Lead Zapdos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Lead Zapdos   Anti-Lead Zapdos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anti-Lead Zapdos
Page 1 of 1