SOS Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOS Brigade

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Sub to Sub proposal
Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:12 pm by MrDanGaming

» My youtube channel
Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:55 pm by MrDanGaming

» What Pokemon Type Duo do you think is best
Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:42 pm by NintendJoshz

» I need a little help...
Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:21 am by Philip2702

» One Pokemon
Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:29 am by Philip2702

» Whats Your Favorite Pokemon Game
Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:44 pm by Philip2702

» What is your favorite Gym Leader of all time?
Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:00 pm by NintendJoshz

» MO or Poke Cinema?
Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:02 am by crystalisk

» can anyone find me a Sonic Adventure 2 rom
Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm by Shawnroxxx99

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zachattach9

Zachattach9

Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog Empty
PostSubject: Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog   Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:34 pm

Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog HyperOffence2

Introduction:

Well to tell you the truth, I completely made this team by mistake. This team started out as a Bulky Sweeper team, but once I posted it and made one change, I just realized this team wasn't going to work without a massive restructuring. So I put my thinking cap on and I thought all night, and when I noticed That I already had the dual screens, and three amazing sweepers on the team, I decided to restructure the team to a Hyper Offense. I knew I needed to take out the pokemon that didn't utilize the dual screens to their full potential. Now some of my pokemon got away with minor changes, some completely altered, but one pokemon, I just couldn't figure out what to do with. Shaymin was just something I did not see suitable for a change, even though it doesn't fit the qualifications for hyper offense at all. I guess no offense can survive without a little bit of cute, fluffy, and green back-up.

Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog 2h5tgjl

Type Chart:

Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog Untitled-1

At A Glance:

Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog 482Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog 130Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog 392Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog 492Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog 230Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog 448

A Closer Look:

Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog Azelf

Azelf @ Light Clay *** The Home-Front Support
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Light Screen
- Reflect

This Azelf set is essential to all Hyper Offense teams. The dual screens are a key to Hyper Offense's success. Taunt is there so slower leads, such as Roserade, Swampert, Infernape, and Metagross aren't able to set up entry hazards on me or put me to sleep. And Stealth Rock is a given. It's always great to have residual Damage on your opponent while you're trying to sweep. I have 252 HP EV's and 4 Defense EV's to cushion any blows Azelf may take while trying to set up. The 252 Speed EV's are to Outspeed as many leads as I can, and The only leads that I'm not 100% certain that I can outspeed are other Azelf and Starmie, and I know for a fact that I'm outsped by Aerodactyl, so I have to play that one strategically. Jolly nature is just once again for Speed cushioning.

Possible Changes:
N/A

Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog Gyarados

Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers *** The Evil Leviathan
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall

This was actually a member of the original team, in bulky DD form, but I converted it to regular DD so I could get the most out of Gyarados's power. Dragon dance is Gyarados's set-up move, obviously. Stone Edge is for those pesky flying types like Togekiss and Zapdos that just love to rain on Gyarados's parade. Ice fang is so I can take care of grass types such as Celebi and Breloom. Bounce was just too dangerous because they could easily just switch out while I'm up in the air, or Breloom could substitute and my plan would be ruined. And also there's always that reliable STAB move, Waterfall, to take care of any other very offensive threats. The 252 Speed and Attack are just for maximum sweeping ability, and I have Jolly nature over Adamant So I can outspeed Jolteon with one DD.

Possible Changes:
Earthquake > Ice Fang?

Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog Kingdra

Kingdra (M) @ Lum Berry *** The Deadly Seahorse
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Substitute

I have Dragon Dance as my obvious set-up. Outrage and Waterfall are two extremely reliable STAB Moves for this guy. Substitute is there to make it harder to break up my set-up. Max Attack and Speed are applied for a sweeping ability no mater what, just incase my setting up is interrupted. Adamant nature is for maximum power during the sweep. Lum Berry is there so I don't have to worry about confusion.

Possible Changes:
Can't think of any.

Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog Shaymin

Shaymin @ Life Orb *** The Cute, Fluffy, And Green Back-Up
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 32 HP / 224 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Seed Flare
- Rest

Seed Flare's a given on this pokemon. It's an extremely destructive move that has STAB included. Earth Power is there for ground, electric, and fire types. Hidden Power Fire is there to beat Scizor, but it also beats Gengar one-on-one, which comes in handy. I have Hidden Power Fire over leech seed because I want to be able to beat Infernape, Heatran, and Scizor, because everyone expects this thing to have one or the other, so they switch into a pokemon that can take one move, but not the other, and then they're screwed. Rest is for the Rest + Natural Cure combo, which would make this thing a major pain. I've got the 252 Special Attack and 224 speed combined with the Timid nature so I can outspeed things and in turn, revenge kill them. 32 HP EV's are just for a little extra bulk.

Possible Changes:
I've been battling with myself whether to replace this little cutie with a SubPetaya Empoleon.

Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog Lucario

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb *** The Valiant Warrior
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance

Swords Dance is Lucario's set-up move here. Close Combat is my main way of attacking. Extremespeed is for the use of things that are faster than Lucario such as Starmie. Crunch is for those pesky ghost types such as Rotom and Gengar. The 252 Speed and Attack are for even more massive sweeping potential, while Adamant nature adds to that.

Possible Changes:
Jolly nature over Adamant.

Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog Infernape

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb *** The Rouge
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot

Nasty Plot on Infernape is a massive force that ruins a lot of teams. I picked Flamethrower over Fire blast just because Focus Blast is already inaccurate. Focus blast is there because it's a massively powerful STAB move that OHKO's Blissey after Stealth Rock damage. I chose Grass Knot over Vacuum Wave because those bulky waters give Infernape a huge problem. The EV's and nature are obvious. They speed ape up and juice up its Special Attack.

Possible Changes:
Vacuum Wave over Grass Knot?

Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
Zachattach9

Zachattach9

PostSubject: Re: Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog   Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:36 pm

Threats List:

Rotom-h: The scarf variation can be a big threat, as it carries a move that can OHKO 3 of my team members if I don't have screens up. But if I have screens up, it's not a big deal at all. Kingdra also deals with the scarf variation relatively well, due to his respectable bulk.

Gyarados: No real way of dealing with the thing. I can usually take it down with gyarados, and kingdra 2KO's with -1 Outrage, after rocks.

Jolteon: Specs Version is no problem, but if Shaymin's gone, I'm going to lose at the least one poke to life orb / expert belt versions.

Defensive Threats:

Togekiss: Usually the combination of Kingdra and Lucario will take care of it and gyarados will too in rare occasions, but without a doubt, one of them will get killed.

Zapdos: I really have no efficient way of dealing with this other than Gyarados.

I know there's more, but I can't remember them now. I'll update when I remember them.

Last edited by Zachattach9 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SandslashPWNS

SandslashPWNS

PostSubject: Re: Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog   Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:53 pm

I've already given my rate on Smogon, and it seems you've implemented it. I really do like this team, Zach. It has led you to some great success, or so I hear. I hope you have more fun with this team, as I can't really critique anymore of it. Good job :D
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SandslashPWNS
Lukyhawk

Lukyhawk

Characters
CLASS: Fatass
HP:
Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog Left_bar_bleue69/69Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog Empty_bar_bleue  (69/69)
Tribe: Steelie

PostSubject: Re: Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog   Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:08 pm

I beat this team today... With hax xD. But yeah man, it's a really good team. I'm basically retarded with all this competitive shit in terms of details, but I'll tell you, this team is very balanced and with the new addition of Kingdra I think that this could be a very dominant team. GJ man.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ch4rg3rs4lyf
Zachattach9

Zachattach9

PostSubject: Re: Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog   Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 2:35 pm

This team definitely GG'd ST twice. Just sayin'...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog   Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hyper Offense With A Side Of Hedgehog
Page 1 of 1