SOS Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOS Brigade

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Sub to Sub proposal
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:12 pm by MrDanGaming

» My youtube channel
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:55 pm by MrDanGaming

» What Pokemon Type Duo do you think is best
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:42 pm by NintendJoshz

» I need a little help...
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:21 am by Philip2702

» One Pokemon
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:29 am by Philip2702

» Whats Your Favorite Pokemon Game
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:44 pm by Philip2702

» What is your favorite Gym Leader of all time?
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:00 pm by NintendJoshz

» MO or Poke Cinema?
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:02 am by crystalisk

» can anyone find me a Sonic Adventure 2 rom
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm by Shawnroxxx99

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Amphy

Amphy

Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Empty
PostSubject: Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT]   Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:08 am

Introduction

Salamence had just been banned, and so Shaymin usage was on the rise. I went to the BL section of Smogon to look at it's analysis and just below it I saw Raikou, who I had not touched since it left UU. Out of curiosity, I clicked the analysis and looked around. It seemed to be a frailer but more powerful FastCune. I wasn't fond of Fast Cune because of it's lack of Speed but Raikou had that. I thought for a minute then decided to make a team around it. I chose the Sub CM set as it was the set I used while Raikou was in UU and it still works fabulously in OU. I decided the set would work with Toxic Spikes, therefore it turned somewaht into a semi stall team. This RMT is probably my best yet, so I hope you'll rate it. I'm still to add the team building, but the team itself are already here. Anyway, enough talking, on with the team.

The Team

Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] 100px-407Roserade
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] GrassIC_BigThunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] PoisonIC_Big
Roserade (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leaf Storm

Roserade is a key member, with luck it can disable an opponents team member with it's 75% accuracy sleep move and set up Toxic Spikes. The rest of the team rely on Roserade so a strong start with Roserade is vital. Leaf Storm packs a Punch and can KO a lot of neutral foes, severely damaging the others. HP Ice helps me against other Roserade leads because HP Fire is the standard, and lowers their Speed IV. That means I can sleep them before they sleep me.

Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] 190px-094Gengar
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] GhostIC_BigThunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] PoisonIC_Big
Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Gengar is my revenge killer and one of my weapons against stall teams. Shadow Ball hurts coming off a Base 130 Special Attack, and can KO a lot of weakened foes. The Ghost typing helps me get take Explosions without Metagross taking a huge hit. Thunderbolt helps me revenge killer Gyara with one DD and hit Bulky Waters respectably hard. Focus Blast is for Steel types that resist Gengars primary STAB, although the accuracy is a huge turn off. Why can't Gengar have Aura Sphere? Trick can lock Pokes into set up moves, and Gengar can often gain Leftovers out of them.

Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] 200px-472Gliscor
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] GroundIC_BigThunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] FlyingIC_Big
Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

This thing is really what saves the team against stall. Taunt stops Blissey from statusing my team, and can absorb Thunderwaves on the switch in. It is also responable for setting up my final hazard, Stealth Rock, a must have for every team. Earthquake is my only attack, but I'm considering putting in U-Turn here. Roost helps Gliscor stay healthy. He is also my primary counter for SD Lucario, even though Agility Luke kills him with Ice Punch.

Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] 180px-376Metagross
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] SteelIC_BigThunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] PsychicIC_Big
Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/80 Atk/176 SDef
Adamant nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- Thunderpunch
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

This thing was a late edition, and pretty much the backbone of the team. I tested SubCM Rachi here, but found this thing functions better. I found this on ST's Pokemorphs RMT. It checks a lot of stuff, Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch KO a lot of Pokemon, and with a possible Attack boost anything that doesn't resist it isn't gonna like it, with the highest attack of any OU Pokemon it really Punches holes. However it's main purpose is to counter threats, Gyarados and Dragonite at +1 get taken down by Thunder Punch and Ice Punch, for example. It's just a really good Pokemon in general.

Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] 200px-130Gyarados
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] WaterIC_BigThunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] FlyingIC_Big
Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/88 Def/168 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Bounce

This seems odd, but it works. Bounce causes switches, meaning Toxic Spikes affect more Pokemon, and make them lose more HP. Make it a boosted hit and nothing's gonna be too happy unless it's a Skarmory. waterfall is for STAB and Earthquake hit's not floating Steels. The EVs allow Gyara to outsepped Timid Jolteton after a Dragon Dance. This thing is the secondery sweeper of my team and works amazingly with Raikou and Roserade.

Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] 210px-243Raikou
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] ElectricIC_Big
Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
-Hidden Power [Ice]

Setting up a Sub is priority over getting up Calm Minds, as the Substitue stops me from being Toxiced, and allows me to scout out foes. With a few CMs the Subs are hard to break with the special side. And with a very nice speed, and a high Special Attack, Thunderbolt will rip though teams. Hidden Power Ice may be something I cchange to deal with Swampert, as most Flygon’s are Scarfed, and Dragonite is hurt enough by Thunderbolt already, but I’m not sure.

Threat List

Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani460 Abomasnow: Roserade beats it as a lead, Metagross beats it outside the lead position.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani142 Aerodactyl: I usually just HP Ice twice with Roserade. If they set up Rocks first turn I try and Sleep Powder them, then set up Toxic Spikes.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani482 Azelf: Hidden Power Ice then Sleep Powder. Outside of lead, Gengar kills it is the sash is broken and can take an Explosion.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani242 Blissey: Toxic Spikes wear it down when it tries to wall Raikou or Gyarados, Gliscor can stop it from statusing with Taunt.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani286 Breloom: I let Roserade take the sleep because of Natural Cure then go out to Gengar to beat it.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani437 Bronzong: It can wall me a bit, but can't do much in return.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani251 Celebi: Gengar, Gliscor Taunts it. Raikou and Gyarados if they've set up a bit.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani149 Dragonite: Roserade, Metagross, Gyarados' Intimidate, and Raikou.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani330 Flygon: Roserade, Metagross.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani205 Forretress: Gliscor Taunts, then I just go from there, knowing it can't do much besides Explode.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani094 Gengar: Metagross' EVs allow it to take 2 Focus Blast from the non Specs sets, Gengar can revenge.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani472 Gliscor: Roserade, Metagross, Raikou.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani130 Gyarados: Metagross, Gengar.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani485 Heatran: Gyarados, Gliscor cancome in on Earth Power and EQ it, Gengar revenge kills it.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani214 Heracross: Gliscor, if this thing is dead Gyara can check it if it comes in on hte right move but it can cause a lot of mdamage if played correctly.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani450 Hippowdon: Usually leads, and gets beaten and set up on by Roserade.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani392 Infernape: Gyarados, with a defense drop and after LO recoil Meta's Bullet Punch. Gengar can revenge it.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani385 Jirachi: Scarf sets are annoying, but with prediction I can play around them. The CM sets really hurt the team however.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani135 Jolteon: Gliscor if it's Specs or it carries HP Grass.If Gyarados can get i against a Specs set not using T-Bolt he can set up on it or just kill it.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani230 Kingdra: Metagross beats the ones stuck on Outrage, Gyarados' Intimidate negates the DD's attack boost and Gengar outspeeds even after a DD.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani448 Lucario: Gengar if it doens't have Bullet Punch, Gyarados, Gliscor beats the SD Lukes.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani068 Machamp: If it comes in late game on full health or as a lead it usually causes a lot of damage but can be played around with prediction.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani462 Magnezone: Gengar, Gliscor, Raikou walls it and sets up on it, Gyara can beat the Steel Killer set.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani473 Mamoswine: Leads eat a Leaf Storm, Metagross and Gyarados kill it outright if Metagross can avoid eating a CB EQ if it has it's berry.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani376 Metagross: Gyarados, Gengar can do a bit on the revenge kill, Gliscor if it doesn't carry Ice Punch.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani479 Rotom-A: Gengar, everyone else can just pound it with their strongest moves except Gliscor.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani212 Scizor: Gliscor absorbs U-Turns, Gyara Intimidates and if it keeps in good health won't be KOes by the Bullet Punch later. Metagross can take CB Bullet Punches and get it to switch, but can't do much back.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani227 Skarmory: Gliscor Taunts, Gengar, Raikou.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani143 Snorlax: Toxic Spikes help me beat it, and Gengar 2HKOs with Focus Blast. Everyone else just punds away at it.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani121 Starmie: Gengar revenges, Roserade if it still has it's Sash, Raikou.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani245 Suicune: Raikou, Gengar Tricks and Gliscor Taunts. Not much can take this.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani260 Swampert: With Toxic Spikes they die eventually, I just whittle away with them as they come in to take hits for the team.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani468 Togekiss: Roserade, Gengar, Raikou, Metagross. If they are haxed too much however it can get ugly.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani248 Tyranitar: Metagross, Gengar does a lot with Focus Blast, Gyarados if it's Choiced into any move other than Stone Edge.
Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] Dpiconani145 Zapdos: It's not something I like facing, but after I figure out the set I just go form there. I do need some help with this guy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AngryAmpharos
SandslashPWNS

SandslashPWNS

PostSubject: Re: Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT]   Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:47 pm

Only a nitpick: I suggest you change EQ to Taunt. Taunt really destroys all Stall teams, and to be honest, ScarfTar, Gliscor, and Vaporeon, the defensive trio, will still beat Gliscor and Gengar, your two main ways of defeating it. If you give Gyarados Taunt, you can easily get a set-up opportunity to either Raikou or Gyarados, depending on the Pokemon. +1 Taunt Gyarados defeats the aforementioned trio, and not to mention Waterfall and Bounce have great coverage. You now can defeat Breloom, who causes problems to any team, despite the description you gave.

Anyway, great team and good luck.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SandslashPWNS
Amphy

Amphy

PostSubject: Re: Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT]   Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:55 pm

Thakns Slash, I'll test it. And happy birthday by the way.
Back to top Go down
SandslashPWNS

SandslashPWNS

PostSubject: Re: Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT]   Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:30 pm

Amphy wrote:
Thakns Slash, I'll test it. And happy birthday by the way.

Thanks, dude. I just made a team based off of this one. Raikou and Bulky Gyarados, and I honestly have to say that the core rocks, so great for you for finding it.
Back to top Go down
SandslashPWNS

SandslashPWNS

PostSubject: Re: Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT]   Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:38 am

Alright. I'm bumping this because I want it to get more rates and changes, if possible before I move it to the Archives. It will be moved sometime in the near future, as this team is great.
Back to top Go down
Amphy

Amphy

PostSubject: Re: Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT]   Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 7:10 pm

Gimme some time to post the team building man XD

Nah, I can't be bothered right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT]   Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thunderbolt Out Of The Blue [OU RMT]
Page 1 of 1