SOS Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOS Brigade

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Sub to Sub proposal
Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:12 pm by MrDanGaming

» My youtube channel
Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:55 pm by MrDanGaming

» What Pokemon Type Duo do you think is best
Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:42 pm by NintendJoshz

» I need a little help...
Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:21 am by Philip2702

» One Pokemon
Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:29 am by Philip2702

» Whats Your Favorite Pokemon Game
Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling? I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:44 pm by Philip2702

» What is your favorite Gym Leader of all time?
Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling? I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:00 pm by NintendJoshz

» MO or Poke Cinema?
Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:02 am by crystalisk

» can anyone find me a Sonic Adventure 2 rom
Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm by Shawnroxxx99

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ExDarkrai

ExDarkrai

Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling? Empty
PostSubject: Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling?   Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling? I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Okay so I kind of know that there is

Uber
OU
UU

and probably something else but can somebody explain to me like what they mean, whats the point of them being there, what pokemon are in what tier, Basically everything from basics to advanced?

Many thanks,
Darkrai
Back to top Go down
brawler1235

brawler1235

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling?   Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling? I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:53 pm

Well, first off, smogon.com has a list of all the tiers.

The ranks are: Uber/OU/BL/UU/NU

I know that OU pokemon have basically a decisive advantage over other pokemon. Tis could be because of their stats, movesets, or ability. This means that when put against UU pokemon, they will most likely destroy them. These ones are the most common pokemon

Uber are basically all legendaries except for: celebi, the regis, the legendary birds/dogs, Azelf, uxie, and mesprit, latias, heatran, regigigas, and shaymin. These pokemon have massive stats and usually pwn in any other tier.

UU pokemon are not very strong, but they have generally good stats. Some of them can survive in higher tiers, but most of them don't last that long.

BL (border line) are pokemon in between UU and OU. BL can play in both UU and OU, but don't really dominate that much. Their states are in between UU and OU.

The last tier is NU (never used). Weak stats, rarely seen in competative battling.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000076030980&ref=p
LunaSaint

LunaSaint

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling?   Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling? I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 5:58 pm

BL no longer exist. And no, they couldn't play in UU. Borderline was the Ban for UU.

The old tier system works like this:

Uber OU BL UU NU

Uber is a tier for pokémon that were too powerful to make competetive play interesting. Pokémon such as Groudon and Kyogre have dominatingly powerful weather control as well as ridiculously high stats and massive movepools. These are dumped in Uber, which is the ban list for the OU tier. This way, people can play OU with a large selection of useful pokémon to choose from. An Uber game has no limits in terms of which Pokémon you bring.

OU were the standards, as the most powerful pokemon that weren't so powerful that they'd force everyone to field the same things. If you wanted to win, your best chances are with these. Most tournament play uses OU, since OU pokémon have a lot of different potential movesets (Salamence, for example, has a great choice of physical and special attacks, as well as a couple of support moves, and he has the stats to use them all) and there are a lot more OU pokémon there are Ubers. This tier is the most balanced, without too many dominating pokémon.

BL is the borderline. This 'tier' was used for Pokémon that were too dangerous for UU play, but don't quite make the grade of being in a large portion of OU teams. This usually consisted of pokémon that had the stats, but were usually outclassed by something better in OU. A good example would be Arcanine, who has excellent stats, but lacks enough attacking moves to make good use of them, and suffers from the many common weaknesses fire has. The BL tier differs from other tiers in two ways. Firstly, the difference between OU and BL is generally based more on how often a pokémon is seen (People eventually stopped using skarmory, and this opened up a lot more choice for ground/rock types, among others). Secondly, BL wasn't regarded as a tier for games - Uber was the ban list for OU, BL is the ban list for UU, but many OUs and BLs are comparable.

**As of a couple of months ago, all the BL pokémon were thrown back into UU and ones that are too powerful for the big UU are being kicked out by a commitee.

UU is underused, because there are a lot of cool pokémon like Lanturn and Lapras that people want to use, but don't want their asses kicked. So this is a second balanced tier, and BL is used to keep pokémon that are overpowered in UU out. Otherwise, it's more or less the same as OU for weaker pokémon.

NU games are hard to find, but that's for really weak stuff like Magcargo and Butterfree. ONLY NU pokémon are allowed here.

--------

tl;dr - Uber is all pokémon, OU is all pokémon but Uber, UU is UU and NU, NU is NU only.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LunaSaint
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling?   Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:18 am

Here are the current Tiers

Uber - Pokemon who's stats are to high and can sweep a whole team by their selfs

Overused (OU) - Pokemon who's are use by almost every one

Borderline (BL) - Pokemon that are in between OU and UU

Underused (UU) - Pokemon Rarely used in battles.

Neverused (NU) - Pokemon never used in battles.

Limbo - I don't know what this one stands for yet, it's new

Not Fully Evolved (NFE) - These are the Pokemon that aren't fully evolved.

I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling?   Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 1:20 pm

Limbo means they haven`t deicide maybe they are Uber,Overused,Borderline,Underused,Neverused or Not Fully Evolved ... i hope u will know this in future.

emeraldshadowblaze is watching videos on youtube.....

emeraldshadowblaze:what the F$%K was that!

UnknownDude:I Like StebenL no Homo!
emeraldshadowblaze:.......
emeraldshadowblaze:Man this is Lame sh$T! blah blah blah...
~
Cilck Here Or You Must Die!
Back to top Go down
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling?   Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 6:20 pm

emeraldshadowblaze wrote:
Limbo means they haven`t deicide maybe they are Uber,Overused,Borderline,Underused,Neverused or Not Fully Evolved ... i hope u will know this in future.

emeraldshadowblaze is watching videos on youtube.....

emeraldshadowblaze:what the F$%K was that!

UnknownDude:I Like StebenL no Homo!
emeraldshadowblaze:.......
emeraldshadowblaze:Man this is Lame sh$T! blah blah blah...
~
Cilck Here Or You Must Die!

Okay thank for clearing that up for me. :afro:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling?   Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can somebody explain to me the different tiers in competative battling?
Page 1 of 1