SOS Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOS Brigade

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Sub to Sub proposal
Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:12 pm by MrDanGaming

» My youtube channel
Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:55 pm by MrDanGaming

» What Pokemon Type Duo do you think is best
Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:42 pm by NintendJoshz

» I need a little help...
Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:21 am by Philip2702

» One Pokemon
Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:29 am by Philip2702

» Whats Your Favorite Pokemon Game
Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:44 pm by Philip2702

» What is your favorite Gym Leader of all time?
Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:00 pm by NintendJoshz

» MO or Poke Cinema?
Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:02 am by crystalisk

» can anyone find me a Sonic Adventure 2 rom
Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm by Shawnroxxx99

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Team Underdogs! [UU RMT]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Amphy

Amphy

Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] Empty
PostSubject: Team Underdogs! [UU RMT]   Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 3:56 pm

The Team Building Process

Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 264

It all began with Linoone. We needed something to take Fighting type moves. For this I chose Rotom.

Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 264Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 479

Next I needed a bulky wall. I chose Registeel because of his amazing defences and nice supporting move-pool.

Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 264Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 479Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 379

Next up I needed a revenge killer. For that I chose my trusty scarf Moltres.

Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 264Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 479Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 379Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 146

Next up I needed another defensive based Pokemon. I chose Clefable because of its awesome defensive capabilities with Toxic stall.

Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 146Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 264Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 479Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 379Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 036

5 members and none really qualify as a lead. So I tried out unique set for an Electrode.

Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 036Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 264Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 479Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 379Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 146Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 101

Change the order a bit...

Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 101Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 479Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 379Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 146Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 036Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 264

That’s all of them. I present to you: Team Underdogs!

Closer Look

Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 101

Electrode (Focus Sash)
Jolly Nature
Static
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Moves
-Taunt
-Explosion
-Mirror Coat
-Sucker Punch

This is quite a unique lead. If I predict right it could be golden. Taunt shuts down any set-up leads and forces them to attack. If I predict a special based attack I mirror coat back the damage double. Explosion does a lot of damage and faints itself so I can get in a new Pokemon in ASAP. Sucker Punch is the priority move that completes the set, with the highest speed of any non-boosted non-Uber not named Ninjask, which works well finishing off the sashes.

Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 479

Rotom (Leftovers)
Timid Nature
Levitate
4 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spd
Moves
-Will-O-Wisp
-Thunder Wave
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball

This guy is mainly a status inflictor. Will-O-Wisp stops physical sweepers without guts cold. Thunder Wave slows down loads of Pokes and can help prevent a sweep. Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt are just for coverage.

Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 379

Registeel (Leftovers)
Careful Nature
Clear Body
252 HP / 100 Def / 156 Sp Def
Moves:
-Seismic Toss
-Stealth Rocks
-Ice Punch
-Rest

I edited most of this thing’s moveset from the regular Smogon set to fit my needs more. I don’t need T-Wave as much as Rotom can do that perfectly well. Seismic Toss provides consistent damage and Ice Punch hits the ghosts who are unaffected and adds coverage. As I didn’t get rocks from a lead I need this thing to set them up for me. Rest finishes of the set as the standard set lacked a healing move.

Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 146

Moltres (Choice Scarf)
Rash Nature
Pressure
4 HP / 252 Spd /252 Sp Atk
Moves:
-Overheat
-Air Slash
-HP Grass
-U-Turn

How I love this thing… it’s worked so well in the past in my other UU teams and since I lacked a Special attacker/revenge killer this was the first thing that came to mind. It can outspeed any unboosted Poke in UU, even max speed Electrode (2 speed point difference) and deal some major damage. It’s basically meant to get in, deal some damage and get the heck out. Overheat deals massive damage, and with Air Slash it provides two strong STAB moves. HP Grass hits waters hard and U-Turn allows me to scout out my opponents team early game. Overheat also takes care of the steel types that wall Linoone’s whole set.

Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 36

Clefable (Leftovers)
Careful Nature
Magic Guard
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Sp Def
Moves:
-Cosmic Power
-Toxic
-Softboiled
-Flamethrower

If this thing gets set up, without a crit it could be gg. Toxic forces a slow and painful death upon my opponent. Cosmic Power boosts both defences 1 stage so with 2 up it has double defences. Softboiled heals off the damage and Flamethrower hits Steels and Poison types and ensures it’s not taunt bait.

Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] 264

Linoone (Salac Berry)
Adamant Nature
Gluttony
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Moves:
-Belly Drum
-Extreme Speed
-Seed Bomb
-Shadow Claw

The star of the team. Linoone comes in when a switch is expected or an ideal situation and sets up Belly Drum. Gluttony means the Salac Berry activates early, meaning Jolly nature/Substitute isn’t really needed. It would help a bit though… Extreme Speed is the obvious move of choice, running off stab and a base 80 power and being a priority move it does a heck of a lot of damage. Registeels rock support can really come in to play when using this as it turns several 2 KOs into OHKOs. Shadow Claw hits ghosts and Seed bomb is a filler really.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AngryAmpharos
Amphy

Amphy

PostSubject: Re: Team Underdogs! [UU RMT]   Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 3:57 pm

Reserved for threat list.
Back to top Go down
SandslashPWNS

SandslashPWNS

PostSubject: Re: Team Underdogs! [UU RMT]   Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:42 pm

It seems good, but you are walled by Steelix and Registeel and Regirock. To fix this, just add a Pokemon that is resistant to Fighting, because you're weak enough, and add a Special Attacker. The perfect choice here is Mismagius. Use this set.

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Timid : Levitate
252Spe, @252SpA, 4Hp
Nasty Plot
Substitute
Hp-Fighting
Shadow Ball

From personal experiences, this set is awesome...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SandslashPWNS
Amphy

Amphy

PostSubject: Re: Team Underdogs! [UU RMT]   Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 1:41 pm

SandslashPWNS wrote:
It seems good, but you are walled by Steelix and Registeel and Regirock. To fix this, just add a Pokemon that is resistant to Fighting, because you're weak enough, and add a Special Attacker. The perfect choice here is Mismagius. Use this set.

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Timid : Levitate
252Spe, @252SpA, 4Hp
Nasty Plot
Substitute
Hp-Fighting
Shadow Ball

From personal experiences, this set is awesome...

Hm... I may try that over Clefable, if Donphan doesn't work. Or over Rotom...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Underdogs! [UU RMT]   Team Underdogs! [UU RMT] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Underdogs! [UU RMT]
Page 1 of 1