SOS Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOS Brigade

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Sub to Sub proposal
SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:12 pm by MrDanGaming

» My youtube channel
SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:55 pm by MrDanGaming

» What Pokemon Type Duo do you think is best
SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:42 pm by NintendJoshz

» I need a little help...
SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:21 am by Philip2702

» One Pokemon
SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:29 am by Philip2702

» Whats Your Favorite Pokemon Game
SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:44 pm by Philip2702

» What is your favorite Gym Leader of all time?
SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:00 pm by NintendJoshz

» MO or Poke Cinema?
SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:02 am by crystalisk

» can anyone find me a Sonic Adventure 2 rom
SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm by Shawnroxxx99

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS

Go down 
+17
Coldisarelativeterm
ST
IceWave44
MunchingOrange
Titch
SupremeGengar
KureiMurr
Ciaran
darkanglcrx
towert1
Ilikedick
cjs
guru8135
Tsutanai
ArPeeGee
brawler1235
HNTPG
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Is this worth doing?
Yes
SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_vote_lcap45%SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 45% [ 15 ]
No
SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_vote_lcap27%SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 9 ]
Id like to see it progress
SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_vote_lcap27%SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
towert1

towert1

SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 9:41 pm

the leaders nobody is joining
Back to top Go down
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 9:53 pm

towert1 wrote:
the leaders nobody is joining
I know what you mean.
Back to top Go down
Ciaran

Ciaran

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:04 pm

REPOSTING THIS FROM THE OTHER LEAGUE TOPIC (With minor changes, since you're at least doing it better):

There are certain things you have to take into consideration when making a league like this:

-How can you be sure the challenger won't just build an anti-whatever typing team for each gym? (Only kinda with your current system)

-How do you know who the challengers are and how do you keep track of their progress? (You can't well with your current system)

-How do you decide on the champion?

-How do you monitor the entire league and make sure everyone is active, attentive, and available for matches when challengers come? (You can't with your current system)

And many other things, like:

-How do you attract challengers/what makes you league different than others? (You won't with your current system, at least not many/nothing at all)

-Are your gyms hard enough to provide sufficient challenge to potential players? (As far as I've seen, they aren't)

-Are your gyms organized in a way that impresses and entices people to join? (Barely with your current system)

-Are you respectful towards constructive criticism ABOUT the league?

-Are you getting your name out there? (You can't with your current system)

and finally:

-Are you productive? (Not currently, you're not)

Take lessons from:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Crazy_Amazing_Forums/index.php?

and

http://regileague.forumup.com/index.php?mforum=regileague

for league building expertise.
Back to top Go down
http://crazyamazingleague.com
HNTPG

HNTPG

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:47 pm

-How can you be sure the challenger won't just build an anti-whatever typing team for each gym? (Only kinda with your current system)

Didnt i right that challengers must register 4/6 of there team as well which means they can only change two of them??

-How do you know who the challengers are and how do you keep track of their progress? (You can't well with your current system)

I could right into the rules that all chat logs must be recorded...

-How do you decide on the champion?

The champion is the firt to beat all 8 gym leaders and elite 4

-How do you monitor the entire league and make sure everyone is active, attentive, and available for matches when challengers come? (You can't with your current system)

Record chatlogs???

And many other things, like:

-How do you attract challengers/what makes you league different than others? (You won't with your current system, at least not many/nothing at all)

Need help here

-Are your gyms hard enough to provide sufficient challenge to potential players? (As far as I've seen, they aren't)

How have u seen the teams only a few have PMed me with them...

-Are your gyms organized in a way that impresses and entices people to join? (Barely with your current system)

HELP!!!!!!!

-Are you respectful towards constructive criticism ABOUT the league?

I like critisum a bit always helps just likes these questions they helped me think though the rules again and added new ones!

-Are you getting your name out there? (You can't with your current system)

Whats that mean XD

and finally:

-Are you productive? (Not currently, you're not)

Well that other one come alive while my laptop was dead for a while and became popular...
Back to top Go down
http://http:/www.youtube.com/hownottoplaygames
Ciaran

Ciaran

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:07 pm

At least you're willing to listen. I like that so I'll try to help out here.

First off: They can change 2, that's a problem right there. Let's say it's Salamence, Skarmory, Blissey, and Scizor. Pretty commonly used Pokemon, right? Well say I face a fire leader. I can insert Starmie and Wash Rotom. With these two I can sweep an entire Fire team. Scarf Starmie, and all I have to do is sacrifice my general 4 to allow my other two to swap when needed for the sweep. It's too easy if you have an idea of what you're doing. Say I face Steel with those same four general pokes. I can add in Infernape and Swampert. Game over. And the Wild Cards the gym leaders get doesn't help because of my other 4. With only one Wildcard you make it too easy for the challengers, especially with this rule. CAL allows 2 wild cards and has the challenger list 8 pokemon they're allowed to use for their challenge in their introduction topic. The Regileague puts no such restrictions, but only requires 3 pokemon to be of the gym's typing.

Chat logs isn't the issue, simply put it could be badges, asking them to write things in their signatures, keeping track in the first post, or watching and tallying each game personally (the final would be difficult, so I'd advise the first three).

Okay, you've got that covered. Nice.

This is more, make sure you keep up to date on where the leaders are and if they're playing their challenger battles like they should be. Keep things in tip-top shape.

This is something you've got to do on your own. CAL has 7 side challenges where you fight under certain conditions (similarly to the Battle Frontier) and used to have Team Rocket, plus we're working on articles on competetive battling and moveset listings for battle-able Pokemon. The Regi League has the Regi Masters, an extra challenge between the E4 and Champion, and they play with their own competetive tier list.

The RMTs, I'm not sure if they're for this league or not, but I put this in both so meh. If they aren't, this doesn't apply to here.

Honestly, it's tough to just do that in a topic. Regi League and CAL both have their own forums to hold them.

Good to hear.

I mean, are you advertising the league off of SOS? To get more challengers?
Back to top Go down
HNTPG

HNTPG

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:20 pm

Ciaran wrote:

First off: They can change 2, that's a problem right there. Let's say it's Salamence, Skarmory, Blissey, and Scizor. Pretty commonly used Pokemon, right? Well say I face a fire leader. I can insert Starmie and Wash Rotom. With these two I can sweep an entire Fire team. Scarf Starmie, and all I have to do is sacrifice my general 4 to allow my other two to swap when needed for the sweep. It's too easy if you have an idea of what you're doing. Say I face Steel with those same four general pokes. I can add in Infernape and Swampert. Game over. And the Wild Cards the gym leaders get doesn't help because of my other 4. With only one Wildcard you make it too easy for the challengers, especially with this rule. CAL allows 2 wild cards and has the challenger list 8 pokemon they're allowed to use for their challenge in their introduction topic. The Regileague puts no such restrictions, but only requires 3 pokemon to be of the gym's typing.

Chat logs isn't the issue, simply put it could be badges, asking them to write things in their signatures, keeping track in the first post, or watching and tallying each game personally (the final would be difficult, so I'd advise the first three).

This is more, make sure you keep up to date on where the leaders are and if they're playing their challenger battles like they should be. Keep things in tip-top shape.

This is something you've got to do on your own. CAL has 7 side challenges where you fight under certain conditions (similarly to the Battle Frontier) and used to have Team Rocket, plus we're working on articles on competetive battling and moveset listings for battle-able Pokemon. The Regi League has the Regi Masters, an extra challenge between the E4 and Champion, and they play with their own competetive tier list.

The RMTs, I'm not sure if they're for this league or not, but I put this in both so meh. If they aren't, this doesn't apply to here.

Honestly, it's tough to just do that in a topic. Regi League and CAL both have their own forums to hold them.

Good to hear.

Thankz for the help the regimasters etc ill do when this picks up a bit.

About the advertising i will make a youtube video about it when i get 8 gym leaders.

The amount of wildcards is 1 because of previous arguments.

I was thinking about having rules for each gym leader for example pokemon which are banned from battling against them but i wasnt sure if it would work.

I like the bagdes idea i was thinking if someone could design 8 when we get 8 leaders then each leader have a link they give to the winner and then the badges would appear there?
Back to top Go down
Ciaran

Ciaran

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 4:47 pm

HNTPG wrote:

don't just copy ideas, make something up yourself.

About the advertising i will make a youtube video about it when i get 8 gym leaders.

Okay, but unless you get plenty of YouTube views, you're going to need some more, lol

It doesn't work as well with only 1 wildcard.

I was thinking about having rules for each gym leader for example Pokemon which are banned from battling against them but i wasn't sure if it would work.

No. Don't do that.

I like the bagdes idea i was thinking if someone could design 8 when we get 8 leaders then each leader have a link they give to the winner and then the badges would appear there?

Sounds like a plan.
Back to top Go down
brawler1235

brawler1235

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 4:54 pm

Ciaran wrote:
HNTPG wrote:

Okay, but unless you get plenty of YouTube views, you're going to need some more, lol

I was thinking about having rules for each gym leader for example Pokemon which are banned from battling against them but i wasn't sure if it would work.

No. Don't do that.

Sounds like a plan.

Judging by the way HTNPG and Ciaran are working well together (and Ciaran and mariogamer80 are not), it looks like this league will acctually stay here longer than mariogamer80's. Ciaran has some good ideas to help the league, and you are accepting it, while mariogamer80 is not. (no offence to mariogamer80)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000076030980&ref=p

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:04 pm

brawler1235 wrote:
Ciaran wrote:
HNTPG wrote:

No. Don't do that.

Sounds like a plan.

Judging by the way HTNPG and Ciaran are working well together (and Ciaran and mariogamer80 are not), it looks like this league will acctually stay here longer than mariogamer80's. Ciaran has some good ideas to help the league, and you are accepting it, while mariogamer80 is not. (no offence to mariogamer80)

i am not working with her but i took her idea.
Back to top Go down
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:09 pm

HNTPG wrote:
Ciaran wrote:

Good to hear.

I was thinking about having rules for each gym leader for example pokemon which are banned from battling against them but i wasnt sure if it would work.

I can do some advertising on my channel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:11 pm

THANKS DUDE!!
Back to top Go down
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:16 pm

mariogamer80 wrote:
THANKS DUDE!!

What do you mean, I can do advertising for both of yall, I mean we are all friends aren't we?
Back to top Go down
HNTPG

HNTPG

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:30 pm

Rpgfan1994 wrote:
mariogamer80 wrote:
THANKS DUDE!!

What do you mean, I can do advertising for both of yall, I mean we are all friends aren't we?

Sure why not i mean other than being in opposite leagues why would we dislike each other...
Back to top Go down
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:44 pm

HNTPG wrote:
Rpgfan1994 wrote:
mariogamer80 wrote:
THANKS DUDE!!

Sure why not i mean other than being in opposite leagues why would we dislike each other...

So true. I really wish this whole league war thing would end, because it is dividing up the forums.
Back to top Go down
HNTPG

HNTPG

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:56 pm

Rpgfan1994 wrote:
HNTPG wrote:
Rpgfan1994 wrote:
mariogamer80 wrote:
THANKS DUDE!!

So true. I really wish this whole league war thing would end, because it is dividing up the forums.

Not realy because most people are in both (I am for one because i wanted to be a challenger)
Back to top Go down
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:20 pm

HNTPG wrote:
Rpgfan1994 wrote:
HNTPG wrote:
Rpgfan1994 wrote:
mariogamer80 wrote:
THANKS DUDE!!

Not realy because most people are in both (I am for one because i wanted to be a challenger)

Now that is awesome. :afro:
Back to top Go down
Ciaran

Ciaran

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:35 pm

mariogamer80 wrote:
brawler1235 wrote:
Ciaran wrote:
HNTPG wrote:

No. Don't do that.

Sounds like a plan.

I'm a guy. >>;
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 6:44 pm

Ciaran wrote:
mariogamer80 wrote:
brawler1235 wrote:
Ciaran wrote:
HNTPG wrote:

No. Don't do that.

Sounds like a plan.

I'm a guy. >>;

I know ;)
Back to top Go down
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:46 pm

Ciaran wrote:
mariogamer80 wrote:
brawler1235 wrote:
Ciaran wrote:
HNTPG wrote:

No. Don't do that.

Sounds like a plan.

I'm a guy. >>;

Whoops! 👅
Back to top Go down
brawler1235

brawler1235

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:09 pm

HNTPG wrote:
Rpgfan1994 wrote:
HNTPG wrote:
Rpgfan1994 wrote:
mariogamer80 wrote:
THANKS DUDE!!

Hehehe....im on both leagues too..... 0____0
Back to top Go down
Ilikedick

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:13 pm

HNTPG wrote:
Tsutanai wrote:
Do you plan on running this whole league HTNPG?
it kinda looks like a suggestion to me, yet everyone else is askin you to be leaders and stuff.

If not I would like to run it, and maybe I'll make some badge designs for people's sigs and stuff.

Right bascily the first 8 to apply are the first 8 leaders however all wins and loses will be reported to me in which when 5 loses by one leader are accumulated they get put to a challanger

(ignore my other post about champion i have 2 ppl in mind u can propablly guess who)

The elite 4 now heres something i forgot up.

Seen as we are the top 4 we only get 2 strikes to go back to challenger however if u are an ex-elite and you win with more than 2 pokemon left on any gym leader yyou instantly take there place.

The champion spot can only be taken by an elite 4 member OR a challenger who has beaten all elite 4 and gym leaders.

I AM CHOOSING THE ELITE 4 SO NO1 ASK FOR THE LAST 2 SPACES!!!

All gym leaders have 2 days after applying to PM me with there team.

i'am really liking your rules,and desicions,hope we get a lot of challengers
Back to top Go down
brawler1235

brawler1235

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:17 pm

HNTPG wrote:
Legends allowed!!! (What do people think??)

All regi's
Legendary Dogs
Zapdos,Articuno,Moltres
Azelf,Uxie,Mesprit

THESE NEXT 2 ARE Debateable

Groudon and Kyogre.
My reason, is that in rain and sunny day teams they need preminant rain and sun, Sandstorm teams have tyranitar and hippowdon and Hail teams have abomosnow so those two are debate able leave a comment on your opinion!

What about celebi, heatran, latias, cresellia, ( and any other OU legendary i missed)?
Back to top Go down
KureiMurr

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:20 pm

If your still looking for a Flying Gym Leader I'm down. IF I can can you PM so I know to make a team if needed, Thanks
Back to top Go down
Ciaran

Ciaran

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:32 pm

HNTPG wrote:

All regi's
Legendary Dogs
Zapdos,Articuno,Moltres
Azelf,Uxie,Mesprit

Groudon and Kyogre.
My reason, is that in rain and sunny day teams they need preminant rain and sun, Sandstorm teams have tyranitar and hippowdon and Hail teams have abomosnow so those two are debate able leave a comment on your opinion!

I just saw this part. Bad idea. Kyogre and Groudon have FAR overpowered base stats, they are far superior to T-tar and ESPECIALLY superior to Hippowdon and Abomasnow. They are as Uber as anything. You also neglect to mention Cress, Heatran, Celebi, and Jirachi in this. They are OU and therefore usable in standard play.
Back to top Go down
brawler1235

brawler1235

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:34 pm

HNTPG wrote:

Groudon and Kyogre.

That's why there are heat rock and damp rock!
Back to top Go down
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 9:35 pm

brawler1235 wrote:
HNTPG wrote:

Groudon and Kyogre.

That's why there are heat rock and damp rock!

I think Groudon and Kyogre would spoil this any way, I mean with certain moves they could sweep all the challengers.

I like the Damp Rock :afro:
Back to top Go down
towert1

towert1

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 9:40 pm

can i not be steel leader but dragon or ground or maybe even normal
Back to top Go down
HNTPG

HNTPG

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:02 am

I just for got the OU legends XD

OK ill remove groudon on kyogre XD
Back to top Go down
SupremeGengar

SupremeGengar

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 1:38 pm

After looking around on this section and reading what other members have thought to this, I fought I would contribute my thoughts into this.

Firstly I'm very interested in been a Gym Leader, this is because it would give me more experience in different areas of battling. Next, looking at the first post that was posted by "HNTPG" and the rules/regulations that have to be followed by the Gym Leaders and challengers I thought it seems to be fair.

Monotype teams are very rare these days, with the amount of OU around. It's very hard to actually get a Monotype battle. So therefore introducing this into a Gym Leader would make the battles more complex and fun.

What I think could be fun is making the Gym Leader battles, a monotype but only UU/NU/BL only. Still following the same procedure in which the Gym Leader has four of the same type Pokémon but with the Two Wild Card Pokes to spice the action up. What you think to that? (It's just an idea.
Why I think the proposed UU/NU Monotype Gym Pokes should be used. This is because the OU Pokémon is more likely to dominate the battle too easily and then the game becomes boring.

I guess that's all I can think of right now. I may add another comment later on to add more action to this topic, seems a lot of people have put their thoughts across. :)

SG.
Back to top Go down
http://http:/www.youtube.com/user/SupremeGengar
HNTPG

HNTPG

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:27 pm

SupremeGengar wrote:
After looking around on this section and reading what other members have thought to this, I fought I would contribute my thoughts into this.

Firstly I'm very interested in been a Gym Leader, this is because it would give me more experience in different areas of battling. Next, looking at the first post that was posted by "HNTPG" and the rules/regulations that have to be followed by the Gym Leaders and challengers I thought it seems to be fair.

Monotype teams are very rare these days, with the amount of OU around. It's very hard to actually get a Monotype battle. So therefore introducing this into a Gym Leader would make the battles more complex and fun.

What I think could be fun is making the Gym Leader battles, a monotype but only UU/NU/BL only. Still following the same procedure in which the Gym Leader has four of the same type Pokémon but with the Two Wild Card Pokes to spice the action up. What you think to that? (It's just an idea.
Why I think the proposed UU/NU Monotype Gym Pokes should be used. This is because the OU Pokémon is more likely to dominate the battle too easily and then the game becomes boring.

I guess that's all I can think of right now. I may add another comment later on to add more action to this topic, seems a lot of people have put their thoughts across. :)

SG.

Im not sure how i cold limit OU's and keep on top of it soo.....

however challengers could be limited to UU/NU/BL/NFE and gym leaders can only use OU legends???
Back to top Go down
HNTPG

HNTPG

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:55 pm

Debatable stuff:

Only leaders may use OU poke which apply- Reason- this would make battles more interesting rather than the usual OU's just owning up.

FOR EVERYONE SMERGLE IS BANNED FROM THIS: Reason-Movepool just NO

Yeah i think thats it what does everyone think???

Oh yeah one more thing when this picks a bit there will be a new stage added called the colour brigade- these contain mono colour teams which is pretty original!
Back to top Go down
brawler1235

brawler1235

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 3:18 pm

HNTPG wrote:
Debatable stuff:

Only leaders may use OU poke which apply- Reason- this would make battles more interesting rather than the usual OU's just owning up.

Oh yeah one more thing when this picks a bit there will be a new stage added called the colour brigade- these contain mono colour teams which is pretty original!

I think challengers can use 3 Ou and 3 UU pokes from the smogon tier list. This way it is more of a challenge to the leaders, but it is not too hard.
Back to top Go down
HNTPG

HNTPG

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 3:19 pm

brawler1235 wrote:
HNTPG wrote:
Debatable stuff:

I think challengers can use 3 Ou and 3 UU pokes from the smogon tier list. This way it is more of a challenge to the leaders, but it is not too hard.

Accually that sounds fairer than my idea XD
Back to top Go down
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:53 pm

HNTPG wrote:
brawler1235 wrote:
HNTPG wrote:
Debatable stuff:

Accually that sounds fairer than my idea XD

I like that idea to.
Back to top Go down
Titch

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:04 pm

I'd like to be a Gym leader

I have a good UU/NU team but since you want types i'd like to be a Electric Gym leader

Pokemon

Jolteon, Magnezone, Rotom, Electrode(Zapdos if allowed) and Lanturn. Then my Wildcard unless i can have 2 wildcards then i will take out electrode

My Shoddy is Titch but if you want to contact me on msn its titch_boro@msn.com

Also with a bit of preperation i could have a sweet rain dance team.
Back to top Go down
Ciaran

Ciaran

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:01 pm

brawler1235 wrote:
HNTPG wrote:
Debatable stuff:

Just. No. Let the challenger use whatever they want, it's your job to be able to beat everything while maintaining your typing.

Smeargle should not be banned. It gets any move it wants, but most of them it cannot use effectively at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:12 pm

can i be a gym leader?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:12 pm

i will go unexpected....
Back to top Go down
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:02 am

mariogamer80 wrote:
i will go unexpected....

Sweet, welcome Mariogamer80
Back to top Go down
Ilikedick

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:20 am

HNTPG wrote:
A Big thanks to everyone who has been making the rules and who is signed up THANK YOU!

On other pokemon (or game forums) they have what is called a gym leader page (sorta like gym leader castle from the pokemon stadium games). They use wifi but to be different we should do this but use shoddy as our battle system.

So i though up of some rules if u want to be a Gym leader or challenger:

Gym Leader:

Monotype Teams or Weather Based teams e.g. Sandstorm
If the leader wishes to use a weather base team the must only use pokemon assoicated with that weather e.g. sandstorm must Only use ground rock and steel types.
TWO WILDCARDS NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gym leaders may challenge other leaders but cannot collect badges.

when is this starting,and are there any challengers yet?
I WANT A MONO COLOUR TEAM IN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Challengers:

You must be a registered Challenger.
4 OF YOUR POKEMON MUST BE REGISTERED
You cannot team any changes in these matches they must be pre tested.
If you do not follow the gyms own rule you will be banned for challenging for ALONG time.
You do not have to challenge gyms in a order!

All:
Must register 4 members of your team (this is so 2 are changable and hidden so your opponent cannot counter your whole team.
NO UBERS Smogon tiers are used..
No Quitting for a challenge unless its impossible.
The champion can be a Challenger who beats all gym leaders or if a gym leader goes 10-0 to there challenges they will become champion.

Elite 4:
We do not reveal our teams(any members)
I choose if i like your team suggestion.
If you ask you will become a challenger.
We could have anything so be prepared for any combo.
Our place can be taken by a challenger with all 8 wins over the leaders.
We are the only people who may take the Champions place.
A gym leader must have beat us twice to take our place.

Champion:

If one of 2 people apply they get this spot.

GYM LEADERS:
1.Cjs-Sunny Day
2.Guru8135-Water Leader
3.RPGfan1994-Psychic+Dragon
4.KurreiMurr-Flying
5.Towert1-Normal
6.SupremeGengar-Hasnt told me yet
These arnt in order in which u have to challenge
Elite 4-Either unusual teams or Just people whos teams i like the sound of.
1:HNTPG-TrickStorm atm
2:Tsuantai-Gravity
3:SavageUniverse-Expect anything
4:Brawler1235-Fire
CHALLENGERS:

KEY POINTS:

ALL CHAT LOGS MUST BE RECORDED AND PMED TO ME!!!
Or you can use a video recorder and put on youtube.

All regi's
Legendary Dogs
Zapdos,Articuno,Moltres
Azelf,Uxie,Mesprit
Heatran,Cressilia,Jirachi,Celebi

BANNED NOOB TACTICS:
SkarmBlissCress- People if your a competative battler no need for this
Smergle is banned- Just no its spore etc to predictable and can ruin you so please no!
ALL UBERS-NO QUESTIONS ASKED
Back to top Go down
MunchingOrange

MunchingOrange

Characters
CLASS: Wood Elf
HP:
SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue9001/9001SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (9001/9001)
Tribe: Steelie

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:48 am

Well, I am a co-maker of mariogamer's league, (now called the Super Epic League) but Im still open to get in others so I want to challenge this League and see how far I can get!
Please sign me up as a challenger, Thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MunchingOrange

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:54 am

MunchingOrange wrote:
Well, I am a co-maker of mariogamer's league, (now called the Super Epic League) but Im still open to get in others so I want to challenge this League and see how far I can get!

yo ill be a poison GYM and bulbasaur evolutions count as poison to :D
Back to top Go down
Ciaran

Ciaran

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:52 am

GracefulGrowlithe wrote:
MunchingOrange wrote:

AND GENGAR DOES, TOO. AND, OMG, SO DOES TENTACRUEL. OMG.

DUH. It's Poison type. Of COURSE it counts as a Poison type if it IS one.

For the love of God do NOT limit the tiers of Pokes people can use. You'd have to want the league to fail if you did that.
Back to top Go down
HNTPG

HNTPG

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:12 pm

Ciaran wrote:
GracefulGrowlithe wrote:
MunchingOrange wrote:

For the love of God do NOT limit the tiers of Pokes people can use. You'd have to want the league to fail if you did that.

But fighting Mixapes and skarmorys and blisseys et is boring after a while y nt just 3 OU's then the ther 3 must be mixed tiers....
Back to top Go down
Ciaran

Ciaran

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:56 pm

HNTPG wrote:
Ciaran wrote:
GracefulGrowlithe wrote:
MunchingOrange wrote:

But fighting Mixapes and skarmorys and blisseys et is boring after a while y nt just 3 OU's then the ther 3 must be mixed tiers....
Yes, it's boring, but your gym leaders are supposed to be able to combat that. It's COMPETITIVE battling, not mix stuff up battling. People play to win. You should have your gym leaders ready to take on anything in ORDER to win. That's how it works. If you find it boring, play UU/NU or play in the Battle Frontier.
Back to top Go down
IceWave44

IceWave44

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:27 pm

Ciaran wrote:
HNTPG wrote:
Ciaran wrote:
GracefulGrowlithe wrote:
MunchingOrange wrote:

Yes, it's boring, but your gym leaders are supposed to be able to combat that. It's COMPETITIVE battling, not mix stuff up battling. People play to win. You should have your gym leaders ready to take on anything in ORDER to win. That's how it works. If you find it boring, play UU/NU or play in the Battle Frontier.
They should be able to take on aything.
Back to top Go down
SupremeGengar

SupremeGengar

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:21 pm

HNTPG wrote:
Debatable stuff:

Looking at what you've posted here I'd be guessing that the challengers are not allowd to use OU (or I'm I mistaken and thinking wrong)?
Back to top Go down
SupremeGengar

SupremeGengar

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:23 pm

Just going back and looking at the first post that "HNTPG" posted I guess I'll be going with the Ghost type Pokémon for the Gym.

SG.
Back to top Go down
ArPeeGee

ArPeeGee

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:07 pm

SupremeGengar wrote:
Just going back and looking at the first post that "HNTPG" posted I guess I'll be going with the Ghost type Pokémon for the Gym.

SG.

Sweet, welcome to the gyms SG (he he I remembered)
Back to top Go down
HNTPG

HNTPG

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:01 pm

SupremeGengar wrote:
HNTPG wrote:
Debatable stuff:

Looking at what you've posted here I'd be guessing that the challengers are not allowd to use OU (or I'm I mistaken and thinking wrong)?

Well i guess everyone is availble to use OU

But carian one thing u contridicted your self with the previous post when u said counter teams and in another post you said that the gym leaders should be able to counter that...........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS   SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SoSBrigade Gym Leaders! The one which allows some legends no UBERS
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next