SOS Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOS Brigade

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Sub to Sub proposal
How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 6:12 pm by MrDanGaming

» My youtube channel
How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:55 pm by MrDanGaming

» What Pokemon Type Duo do you think is best
How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:42 pm by NintendJoshz

» I need a little help...
How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:21 am by Philip2702

» One Pokemon
How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:29 am by Philip2702

» Whats Your Favorite Pokemon Game
How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:44 pm by Philip2702

» What is your favorite Gym Leader of all time?
How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:00 pm by NintendJoshz

» MO or Poke Cinema?
How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:02 am by crystalisk

» can anyone find me a Sonic Adventure 2 rom
How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm by Shawnroxxx99

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team?

Go down 
+3
brawler1235
SandslashPWNS
Gomlet X
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gomlet X

Gomlet X

How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? Empty
PostSubject: How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team?   How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:16 pm

Yeah, I've just started shoddy and I've played around with my team, and I've done about 30 duels, and my team's win ratio is about 1 in 3 so, I was wondering how to make a better team. So please help MAIH!
Back to top Go down
SandslashPWNS

SandslashPWNS

PostSubject: Re: How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team?   How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:44 pm

OK, first you need to decide your team's goal. For instance, do you want to sweep with one Pokemon, do you want stall, do you like offense of defense? Those are the things you need to know before you want to make a team. Once you have decided your core, you must then add Pokemon to cover your weaknesses. For example, lets say you choose to sweep with a Gyarados. What are his weaknesses? Electric, which is perfectly covered by Jolteon. And Vise Versa, Jolteon's weakness are covered by Gyarados: Ground. This is what you must keep in mind when making a team. I'll even start one out for you to help you.

I'm going to help you make a team revolving around sweeping with Mix-Salamence.

Step 1: List his weaknesses- Ice, Dragon, Rock.
Step 2: What resists his weaknesses- Tyranitar resists Rock, Ice and Dragon.
Step 3: Check to see if you team has Synergy. Synergy is how well your Pokemon work together- Tyranitar resists Rock, Ice and Dragon, while Salamence resists Tyranitar's weaknesses: Fighting, Ground, Water, Bug.
Step 4: ADD A POKEMON WITH STEALTH ROCKS.

Now just keep listing weaknesses and putting in counters. Pretty soon you'll have a well built team if you stick to this strategy.

On another note, since you're new to competitive play, check out Smogon for tiers. You mainly want to stick with OU Pokemon in an OU team.

Hope this helped

-SandslashPWNS
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SandslashPWNS
Gomlet X

Gomlet X

PostSubject: Re: How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team?   How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 12:28 am

Yay thanks :)
Back to top Go down
brawler1235

brawler1235

PostSubject: Re: How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team?   How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:06 pm

Something that helps is watching other people battle so you get a sense of what to use and how to use it, as well as some new tricks that you might not have thought of
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000076030980&ref=p
Gomlet X

Gomlet X

PostSubject: Re: How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team?   How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 8:38 pm

Yeah, I did that. I noticed a LOT of Latias so I gave my snorlax Ice Fang XD Noone expects it
Back to top Go down
Hunter2385

Hunter2385

PostSubject: Re: How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team?   How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:49 pm

This is based off my personal experiences.

Here's what a standard team may have:
A lead: These set up spikes, toxic spikes, stealth rock, dual screens, etc.

An antilead in place of a lead: If you're scared your opponent might set up too much on you, you throw in a rapid-spinner or total max power house to take it out before they can get guaranteed damage. Or just Taunt.

Phys./Spec. Sweeper: Basic things, like to swords dance or dragon dance or nasty plot or calm mind and then hit hard with a diverse movepool that covers many types. May set up a substitute and proceed to annihilate.

Stalls: Like an umbreon, who have good defenses and backed with a bunch of defense boosts frustrate the opponent as you Toxic them or something of do a little steady damage. usually have healing moves.

Sweeper counters: Off the top of my head, something like my Lanturn. Cripples anything that may destroy your team. T-wave, or Will-o-wisp or confuse ray that slows down opponents.

Revenge killer: I don't know much about them. I think they're just quick things that can literally just get revenge on some weakened foe.

Other tips:
-Precising EV's and Natures. Know what you want and apply accordingly.
-Look at your team from a basic point of view. Does everything have a common weakness? If so, be prepared or edit.
-Items are a huge thing. Life Orbs, Leftovers, Expert Belts, etc. Berries are great in situations too.
-Try not to over-predict your opponent. Predicting the next move is good, but don't try too hard and forget your basics.
-Remember any clauses in the match.
-Abilities can make all the difference. Know what they do, and pick what's best.

>_>
I have no life.
Back to top Go down
brawler1235

brawler1235

PostSubject: Re: How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team?   How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:10 pm

Gomlet X wrote:
Yeah, I did that. I noticed a LOT of Latias so I gave my snorlax Ice Fang XD Noone expects it

ice punch, but that is not recommended, but it does depend on what set you are using
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000076030980&ref=p
ST

ST

Characters
CLASS: Redneck
HP:
How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? Left_bar_bleue69/69How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? Empty_bar_bleue  (69/69)
Tribe: Steelie

PostSubject: Re: How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team?   How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:20 pm

whore OUs a good team would be like: Scizor Swampert Lucario Blissey Rotom h Mewthree
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperSpecialTrainer
Ilikedick

PostSubject: Re: How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team?   How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:41 pm

The right way.
Back to top Go down
manalord

PostSubject: Re: How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team?   How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 5:35 pm

Well For Anyone wanting to make a good team you lead is THE MOST IMPORTANT pat of your team.
A Set up lead is always best, but it is expected.
-Smeragle is often overlooked in this deparment but his speed is quite high and he can put the foe to sleep and set up a rocks and Spikes combo.
- Drapion is also another direction to go with a Toxic Spikes Wirlwind combo
- For a Sandstorm team Hippowdon is in my mind the best lead with nasty combos to sleep the foes and roar them into the rocks.

a TRICK lead comes up very high as there is only one counter, another Tricker, and this can get a fore stuck on either Susitute for a sweep lead or Stealth rock( wich only works once anyway). then u can sweep.
- Alakzam works well for this because his speed is one of the higest, give him specs becase Special Sweepers have the lowest lead and most Pokes wont use them well.
- Girafrig is another trick lead with a scarf and then he can probly aggilty into a Baton Pass

Of Course a Fake Lead helps:
Weak pokes that simply die in the attempt or a right away Baton passer to disrupt stratges help alot.

For ur team id suggest a Life Orber and a Scarfed U-Turner no matter what.

The U-Turner will allow a good it and run.

A Techinian Banded Scizor can deal MASSIVE damage with its Bullet PUnch.

A Stauts infletcor helps late game as well. make sure there bulky like milotic or Probopass maybe even Blissy.

Lastly a Tank with Explosion destroyes like a Metagross simply put him up aginst what u think will be the biggest issue for ur team and have them EXPLOUD. it will help

so if ur team is

Lead
U-Turner
Orb Sweeper
Techincan Scizor
Status Inflector
Tank/ Explosioner

It would be a good team to learn the ropes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team?   How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you make a good shoddy or competitive team?
Page 1 of 1